80% alcohol hand sanitiser

Currently reading:
80% alcohol hand sanitiser

I've ordered 10 litres of this for work, cant it absorb through the skin and make me pissed?
Serous question, i have anti inflammatory gel that works by going through the skin, and people stick alcohol up their butt and in there eye, so i reckon it maybe possible to absorb it through the skin.

google says "Alcohol can be absorbed through the skin. However, it's highly unlikely that hand sanitiser has a significant affect on your blood-alcohol level. Yes, although the quantities are normally quite small. ... In addition, alcohol is very volatile and nearly all of it will evaporate before it is absorbed"

But that was when people used a tiny amount, now scientists on news say we should be using 30ml min each time.

It's also usually isopropanol rather then ethanol so wont make you pissed more poison you

As for the use 30ml a time where do these scientists thing it will come from? There's allready worldwide shortages of the stuff as production can't anywhere near meet demand

As for the use 30ml a time where do these scientists thing it will come from? There's allready worldwide shortages of the stuff as production can't anywhere near meet demand

Its like flour no shortage of the stuff just cant keep up with demand for packing small amounts, in bulk there is plenty but its 5 times the price it used to be.

people only used to use it on palms, now they advice use it in the same manner as it was soap, back of hands between fingers and wrists

Last edited:
Back