will they fit my b without any probs?
thinking about a set of these
DEZENT-V-17-INCH-SILVER.jpg

1237127811433_VECTOR_SLV.jpg

or has anyone got any other thoughts?
i think i want a multi spoke rather than a 5 spoke
steve

Last edited:
Can't totally answer your request other than to say most Fiats are 4 bolt/stud holes on a 98 PCD.

I gather that people have used "wobbly" bolts/nuts to adapt one PCD to another. Personally, especially having many years in motorsport, I would not use wobbly bolts.

Please check the offical PCD and Offset for your 'B' and then carefully take things from there.

Note! I have nothing against wobbly bolts/nuts and no evidence that they are unsafe. I just come from the sad but purist engineering approach.

KC3 and Doc have 17"s (alloys that is :D). There are a few threads about fitting 17"s as far as I can remember.

Nice looking alloys (y) You should also check out OZ Superleggera, but they might be more expensive...

It says OZ Racing on them...how can you not like that? :nutter: :) Anyhow, as long as you don't go for 5 spoke ones...:yuck:

You kepp on digging about 5 spokes I'm going to have to think about changing my Oz 5 spokes? Doh more money to spend which is in short supply right now!

You shouldn't choose wheels with width more than 6,5 (e.g. 15x6,5 or 16x6,5 or 17x6,5).

the reason is that if you do you will find the tyre rub onto a plastic shield-type part located in the rear wheels dome. even worse the wheel's inner lip will rub onto the car.

i fitted 16x7,5 onto my B and i had to add 5mm spacers and cut off the plastic part.

so you should search for wheels with offset ET32 and 6,5 width.

You shouldn't choose wheels with width more than 6,5 (e.g. 15x6,5 or 16x6,5 or 17x6,5).

the reason is that if you do you will find the tyre rub onto a plastic shield-type part located in the rear wheels dome. even worse the wheel's inner lip will rub onto the car.

i fitted 16x7,5 onto my B and i had to add 5mm spacers and cut off the plastic part.

so you should search for wheels with offset ET32 and 6,5 width.

so, 17 x 7 should be fine then? not 17 x 7.5

it should be on the limit of fine. maybe you should have to cut the plastic cover too. i don't know.

watch out for the offset ET32 too. it's very important

Hello:)

There are just a few pointers/ guidelines to follow when fitting aftermarket non Fiat 17inch rims.

I have 17x7 alloys on mine, there offset is 38 over the usual 32 originaly found on the B and their PCD is 100 over the 98 on the fiat.
What this means is that you must use bolts called wobbly's. they have a movable chamfered wobbly washer which compensates for the extra 2mm of the 100pcd alloys and are perfectly safe to use.

Also you may have to use a hub adaptor ring, as different makes of rim have a larger centre bore than the Fiat. This allows the new alloy to sit pefectly on the hub.
Hence! there are far more alloys to be found with this 100pcd bolt pattern than the 98pcd found on Fiat.

When you have found a rim they will have an offset , usually this will be around 36 to 42 for most 100pcd wheels.
The B's allowance would be a 40 to the front and 38 to the rear without the use of a spacer.
Now bare in mind that the standard B's setup uses a 5mm rear spacer as standard to the rear wheels .

When my 38offset rims were first fitted the front was fine with no issues, but the rear were just fouling/ rubbing on a piece of protruding plastic found on the rear mud guard edges.

This is easily solved by just cutting away at the protuding piece of plastic and renders the B mud guards just as they were. ( your just trimming a little of the inner edge)

Since fitting my Alloys i have now purchaced additional rear hubcentric spacers of 12mm which gives plenty of clearance at the back and compensates for the larger offset.

I have 215/40/17 tyres all round over the 205/40/17 which should be used. All this does is to give me an incorrect speedo reading of 2/3mph.

The B looks great with 17inch rims , but you may find you want to have it lowerd too and must bare in mind that with the use of lower profile tyres will change the feel and ride of the B, It does get a bit bumpier but not uncomfortable and just watch out for pot holes.

Any other questions just ask.. (y)

Last edited:
thanks kc , hopefully my wheel retailer will know whats needed .
I think they have a 38 offset , i dont really want to start cutting bits of the car , guess i will see once they are fitted.
steve

Last edited:
very nice!
its definatley the way forward imho...... might look slighty sexier on a red car though..lol

KC you got another pic of your lip spoiler from front maybe?
where would i get one from ?
thanks
steve

Last edited:
I take you will be lowering her too, The B will not look as good with 17's and riding at the same height.

Here's some of my B in the UK before i lowered her and also my friends aka The R30GUE's also on this forum with Fiat 17' alloys at standard height.

Attachments

• pic's from phone 088.jpg
    pic's from phone 088.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 50
  • pic's from phone 086.jpg
    pic's from phone 086.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 45
  • pic's from phone 087.jpg
    pic's from phone 087.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 46
  • pic's from phone 085.jpg
    pic's from phone 085.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 64
Heres some pic's, Its called a Naxos spoiler which was found on the special Naxos edition models. You can find them on Ebay and a few other places.
I,ll find the links for ya..:)

Attachments

• barchetta cy no.s 004.jpg
    barchetta cy no.s 004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • barchetta mods 001.jpg
    barchetta mods 001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • barchetta mods 003.jpg
    barchetta mods 003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • barchetta mods 007.jpg