General 750 Teething problems

Currently reading:
General 750 Teething problems

I told you I would have some!

Here's my first one. I have noticed a puddle of water (?) in front of the rear near side wheel - I think it is from the rear wash wipe and certain it is not brake fluid. It is weeping down the wheel arch and I don't want to encourage the dreaded tin rot - any ideas?

A little naughty to start from cold today too (not used to being left outside overnight) - any tips on this too?

Last edited:
Alex B said:
are you sure its not coming out of the "gutter pipe" if you know what i meen? :)

Hi Alex

In honesty, I am not sure. I will have to have a look. Where does this gutter pipe run to / from? Do you have damp patches when you go to the car in the morning (sorry I have just read that and it sounds awful!)

Alan.D said:
Do you mean inside or outside of the car, the rear wash wipe pipe runs inside the car from the bulkhead back? So would cause more of a puddle inside than outside if you catch my drift.

Hi Alan

No it's a damp patch (not quite up to puddle as yet) outside just in front of the rear wheel so the gutter pipe may be a good explanation. Failing that I have a hole inside the car somewhere!

I can't think of what this might be. There is nothing there to leak. Have you checked the brake pipes? As it's just MOT'ed they should be ok. The fuel filler is at the other side. If the rear wash pipe is leaking inside the car it would cause rust/a hole very quickly. Lift the rubber mat and check along the boot seams, this is a favourite Panda rot spot and if there is water in the boot then it could be dripping through, again, as it's just MOT'ed it's unlikely.

Steve said:
I can't think of what this might be. There is nothing there to leak. Have you checked the brake pipes? As it's just MOT'ed they should be ok. The fuel filler is at the other side. If the rear wash pipe is leaking inside the car it would cause rust/a hole very quickly. Lift the rubber mat and check along the boot seams, this is a favourite Panda rot spot and if there is water in the boot then it could be dripping through, again, as it's just MOT'ed it's unlikely.

It truly is a mystery. Don't think it's brake fluid, thought it was rear wash fluid. Gonna have a good look at this tomorrow morning.

Might not be to your liking but touch the fluid rub it between your fingers and smell it, then you could tell if it was oily or just water or as chris says urine :yuck: although he is taking the pi$$ :D May give more of a hint of what it is ?

Alan.D said:
Might not be to your liking but touch the fluid rub it between your fingers and smell it, then you could tell if it was oily or just water or as chris says urine :yuck: although he is taking the pi$$ :D May give more of a hint of what it is ?

Hi Alan

It was watery, suspect it may be a gulley as the car was dry tonight? Maybe it will be dry through the night before we know it! (you have to have kids to appreciate that, sorry)

really sorry thought you were talking about the front wheel arch:eek: you know where the pipe comes out of the bulk head and runs along the top of the wheel arch. check underneath your carpets if its on the inside i remember mine had some water gathered under the boot rubber. also check underneath your wheel arch for anything that looks suspect (y)

Alex B said:
really sorry thought you were talking about the front wheel arch:eek: you know where the pipe comes out of the bulk head and runs along the top of the wheel arch. check underneath your carpets if its on the inside i remember mine had some water gathered under the boot rubber. also check underneath your wheel arch for anything that looks suspect (y)

Here's my puddle, I'm going out for a rummage in a mo. The big damp patch is from last night and the smaller one from today after I moved the car.

I suspect it is screenwash because it is a bluey colour

Attachments

• Panda on the road 023.jpg
    Panda on the road 023.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 13
im betting its screen wash, its either dripping straight out of the pipe or has gatherd in a cavity somewhere. all i can say is find out where its coming from sharpish lol as im sure you know italian cars and water don't mix. it looks to be alot of screenwash (if it is) have you had to top it up alot?(y)

Alex B said:
im betting its screen wash, its either dripping straight out of the pipe or has gatherd in a cavity somewhere. all i can say is find out where its coming from sharpish lol as im sure you know italian cars and water don't mix. it looks to be alot of screenwash (if it is) have you had to top it up alot?(y)

It was definately screenwash, I have disconnected it for now until I can get the panel off and sort it out properly

Back