General 595 Turismo vs base T-jet

Currently reading:
General 595 Turismo vs base T-jet

Tbkbabab

Hi looking for a bit of info/advice.

Am looking to buy an Abarth 595, will be putting my Son on the insurance so had
been looking at early facelift T-jets rather than any of the more powerful models.

On checking the insurance cost just out of curiosity I got a price for base T-jet,
a Turismo and a Trofeo(158 bhp), for reasons I can’t fathom the Turismo is slightly cheaper than
the T-jet and a lot cheaper than the Trofeo.

End result am now considering a Turismo but probably means would need to be a pre
facelift model, am a bit confused about the differences between base and Turismo apart
from power and the leather seats, am I correct in that the pre facelift Turismo had the IHI
turbo and didn’t have the rear Koni dampers? The power difference isn’t so great either
If it’s post facelift T-jet vs pre facelift Turismo.
Also in general terms I have read that the post facelift models are a bit more reliable?

Opinions and info much appreciated

Last edited:
Hi looking for a bit of info/advice.

Am looking to buy an Abarth 595, will be putting my Son on the insurance so had
been looking at early facelift T-jets rather than any of the more powerful models.

On checking the insurance cost just out of curiosity I got a price for base T-jet,
a Turismo and a Trofeo, for reasons I can’t fathom the Turismo is slightly cheaper than
the T-jet and a lot cheaper than the Trofeo.

End result am now considering a Turismo but probably means would need to be a pre
facelift model, am a bit confused about the differences between base and Turismo apart
from power and the leather seats, am I correct in that the pre facelift Turismo had the IHI
turbo and didn’t have the rear Koni dampers? The power difference isn’t so great either
If it’s post facelift T-jet vs pre facelift Turismo.
Also in general terms I have read that the post facelift models are a bit more reliable?

Opinions and info much appreciated
theft is playing a big part in insurance prices for these cars right now. you may find some companies will not even cover them.

I would suggest the differences in price may have more to do with things like keyless entry or keyless ignition, as well as how sought after the specific models are pre and post facelift rather than it having anything to do with the power or performance of the car.

theft is playing a big part in insurance prices for these cars right now. you may find some companies will not even cover them.

I would suggest the differences in price may have more to do with things like keyless entry or keyless ignition, as well as how sought after the specific models are pre and post facelift rather than it having anything to do with the power or performance of the car.
As far as I know none have keyless ignition and all have keyless entry in some form or the other, I actually did all the quotes basis
post facelift models and having a younger driver on the policy usually its still the performance of the car that makes the difference
anycase its better for me as gives me the option of a model with more power.

I had 4 base models and never felt short changed on performance

Series 2 onwards had FSD "type" dampers at the back and that stopped the back end bouncing around, they were the first ones to have the digital dash.

For me series 3 (140BHP) with 17" wheels on Michelins was the sweet spot, the series 4 (Which was the facelift with the new tail lights) standard engine lacked something, just felt more hesitant, even with 145 BHP

None of them had keyless, not sure they've ever fitted it.

In truth, loved them all, but we needed a bigger car.....

Thanks for this, when you say series 3 you mean 2014-2016 when it changed to full digital dash?
I understood there wasnt actually a series 2.

Still cant make my mind up, I just missed a very competitively priced 2017 Turismo, had higher
miles but 1 owner and FSH.
Next, pricewise, post facelift Turismo available is a 2016 with Cinch, price isnt bad but they have zero service
history on the car apart from the one they did themselves in February, they also have another 2018
car but exactly the same, no service history. First time Ive had any dealings with Cinch spent about 15 minutes
on the phone with them waiting while they checked and then discussing it, there response was it wasnt a legal
requirement and the seller hadnt provided anything but they could try and contact the manufacturer.....I cant
believe they are buying 6-8 year old cars which apparently have zero service history
its no wonder there losing so much money.

By Keyless I meant you dont have to stick a key in the lock so someone can clone the signal from
your fob.

Yep done a bit of research and seems very common to have no service history with Cinch
but quite a few sources saying they destroy any service history that might come
with the car and then just do a cheap oil and filter change themselves. Will steer clear
of them.

Well I bit the bullet on a 2017 Turismo from an Abarth main dealer, will get it
In about 10 days.

Thanks for this, when you say series 3 you mean 2014-2016 when it changed to full digital dash?
I understood there wasnt actually a series 2.

Still cant make my mind up, I just missed a very competitively priced 2017 Turismo, had higher
miles but 1 owner and FSH.
Next, pricewise, post facelift Turismo available is a 2016 with Cinch, price isnt bad but they have zero service
history on the car apart from the one they did themselves in February, they also have another 2018
car but exactly the same, no service history. First time Ive had any dealings with Cinch spent about 15 minutes
on the phone with them waiting while they checked and then discussing it, there response was it wasnt a legal
requirement and the seller hadnt provided anything but they could try and contact the manufacturer.....I cant
believe they are buying 6-8 year old cars which apparently have zero service history
its no wonder there losing so much money.

By Keyless I meant you dont have to stick a key in the lock so someone can clone the signal from
your fob.
So much for Cinch. Fore warmed is fore armed!

Back