Technical 500 headlight bulb clip

Currently reading:
Technical 500 headlight bulb clip

mike newman

My daughter bought a 2010 500 from a friend that, unknown to her, had a lot wrong with it. Thought that all was well until the MOT today when we realised that one of the headlamp bulb retaining clips was missing eg the bulb is held simply by the wires and so hopelessly wrong in terms of positioning.

I can't find any clips on line but don't what to buy a headlight. Thoughts?

THANK YOU.

Mike

They aren't available as separate parts
That being said look for someone breaking on with front end damage on eBay or the fiat 500 Facebook group most would happily remove the clip from a damaged headlight for you
Typecastboy on here mate have one or two he's willing to sell allthrough I know he's sold a couple to people lately so may not have any spares

I can't find any clips on line

Do an ebay search for 'headlight clips'. There are various sellers offering universal clip sets; it may be you can find something close enough to fit. You can use the one on the other side for a comparison.

Alternatively, trawl the breakers for a damaged headlight unit with a good clip; most folks would just throw it in the bin, so it shouldn't cost much to have them extract the clip and post it to you.

As you can see its not a clip as such: the whole plug just clips in: they are hard to find
attachment.php

I’ve got a few of them. If you would like to make a small donation to the forum I will happily post you one.

Incidentally, if you put the bulb into the holder the wrong way round, it doesn’t clip in and while trying to push it home it will break.
jrkitching if you could point him to the donate page?
Hello, I did exactly what you describe above, this morning and have since stumbled onto your forum. I’m wondering if you are still on the forum and equally whether you might have any of these or know where I might get one. Thanks KC.

I’ve got a few of them. If you would like to make a small donation to the forum I will happily post you one.

Incidentally, if you put the bulb into the holder the wrong way round, it doesn’t clip in and while trying to push it home it will break.
jrkitching if you could point him to the donate page?
Hi there. Just came across this post as my daughter has the same issue - car failed MOT today as the bulb holder has the clip broke of and doesn't stay in place. Do you still have any clips available? Seems pretty expensive to have a whole new headlamp for a little plastic clip.

Hi there. Just came across this post as my daughter has the same issue - car failed MOT today as the bulb holder has the clip broke of and doesn't stay in place. Do you still have any clips available? Seems pretty expensive to have a whole new headlamp for a little plastic clip.
Try the fiat 500 owners club page on Facebook few people breaking cars on there

Thanks - trying to join now
Hi, just wondered if you ever found one of these clips? After 14 years of ownership I did the aforementioned “tried to put headlight in the wrong way” and snapped the clip. 🤦‍♂️

Attention ALL

I have been deep down into the rabbit hole that is trying to replace this part. Results
  • It is not available from Fiat,
  • The headlamp design was superceded sometime after 2012 (or soon after)
  • On first glance it was either find a S/H headlight or buy a new headlamp
  • But there is a replacement / repair kit !!!
  • Search for Metzger 2323049 - easily found on line - this is one example https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/7031316608
  • And if its the holder that is faulty (broken clip) it is relatively to swap out the holder by removing/replacing the spade connections
Hope this helps

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Attention ALL

I have been deep down into the rabbit hole that is trying to replace this part. Results
  • Search for Metzger 2323049 - easily found on line - this is one example https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/7031316608
  • And if its the holder that is faulty (broken clip) it is relatively to swap out the holder by removing/replacing the spade connections
Hope this helps
well done for sharing that info its bound to help others out which is well in keeping with the spirit that flows through this forum!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you! That’ll replace the blue tak…..!
Attention ALL

Hope this helps

Back