General 2nd service and some issues

Currently reading:
General 2nd service and some issues

just got a call from mrs t, on her way into work, the gearshift decided to stiffen up considerably on several occasions, something that is very noticable on the panda. i know it's a bit cold out there, but i don't recall this happening anytime recently, or during last years cold snap.

so just given continental in tuffnell park a call, they will take it in next tuesday for a check over, along with a slight rattle thats developed behind the passenger airbag, and the heating thats gone a little luke warm.

as well as the 2nd service that will be a month early

How much do you reckon this will cost you? How much was the first service for that matter?
H

turboned said:
just got a call from mrs t, on her way into work, the gearshift decided to stiffen up considerably on several occasions, something that is very noticable on the panda. i know it's a bit cold out there, but i don't recall this happening anytime recently, or during last years cold snap.

so just given continental in tuffnell park a call, they will take it in next tuesday for a check over, along with a slight rattle thats developed behind the passenger airbag, and the heating thats gone a little luke warm.

as well as the 2nd service that will be a month early

Could just be needing greased at bottom of lever(like cromas)but I have never heard of this on the panda....so let us know how you get on on tuesday.
The heater motor is behind pass airbag area so maybe duct has came loose possibly explaining noise & heat problem,strange though as I cant remember having a problem with a panda yet....seem very very reliable:)

h, first service was £130, when i spoke to the service manager at continental, he asked for the mileage (less than 11000) he expects it to be about the same again, more than likely less, as most of the bits they would expect to change would be at the 24000 mark, which it's nowhere near.

t, so far its been very good, i did expect niggles, a new car from any maker, and being a very early buyer too. hopefully a minor issue with the rattle, twist of the screwdriver. the gearshift issue was quite disconcerting, although appears to have cleared itself and not returned

lets see!!

jai

just got back in, the pandas staying in overnight, as the passenger airbag did develop some sort of fault, so a new one has been ordered and will be fitted tmrw (under warranty) the air seems fine to the garage as does the gearshift, but will keep an eye on it

the 2nd service came to a not unreasonable £135, having said that if someone else gets a really low one i'll be huffing for a week!

Greeting to all Panda owners. I have just purchased a 1.2 Eleganza and I am very impressed with the finish and equipment levels. My only complaints are excessive road noise, but not as bad as a Vectra, and a rattle from the passenger airbag. Perhaps this is a coomon problem?

Hi Turbo,

To be honest, the rattle is worse first thing in the morning when the car is cold, but there does appear to be some play round the passenger airbag.
Will probably get it seen to at Easter time. As I said, the rest of the car is excellent.

mine had a little rattle from the passenger airbag and a slightly notchy 4th gear from new....dealer did nowt to fix it, but the problems weren't thant annoying really.

Second Service - Cost

Hi everyone,
Just booked the second annual service for my 1.2 Dynamic and was told that it would be £209. Quite a jump in price from the first service, although I realise there is more to be done. Is this price consistant across the country or are you paying less / more?

Re: Second Service - Cost

Last service I had with the Punto was two years and is cost just over £300 but they did manage to find extra work in cleaning the brakes which only made the front pads clonk when reversing!.
I think at two years they change the spark plugs, air filter and possibly coolant? This may push the cost up compared to an earlier service consisting of oil change and checks.
I would be wary of any coolant changes with the problems encountered on previous 1.2 FIRE engines re air locks etc. Perhaps it is no longer an issue on the Panda with it having a different layout and coolant hose layout?

Back