23/05 - Server Upgraded - Report any issues!

Currently reading:
23/05 - Server Upgraded - Report any issues!

Took a bit longer than I hoped but we're now upgraded onto a new machine (ran out of RAM upgrade options in the old one).

It was crashing like anyone's business this morning, but I think I narrowed that down to a misconfigured swap file.

If you see any more issues now (or 500 errors, or crashes) - please let me know.

Thank you!

lime-cat.jpg

not a problem with the upgrade

but the search has never worked for me on my setup

edge
Windows 10
touch screen

if you touch the search tab the search box appears correctly
but when you touch the text box to type something in it shuts down

Not a big problem. As a workaround if I can long press the search tab and open in a new tab everything is golden

not a problem with the upgrade

but the search has never worked for me on my setup

edge
Windows 10
touch screen

if you touch the search tab the search box appears correctly
but when you touch the text box to type something in it shuts down

Not a big problem. As a workaround if I can long press the search tab and open in a new tab everything is golden
I suspect the problem is the touchscreen device lots of webpages do t work very well with touch device's

Old tiny issues, not addressed by the forum crew (like they feel offended or so):
- when you make a Guide, forum will not accept the thumb/header picture (within spec, resolution etc.), it just ignores the selected file,
- when you write two posts (no one else between), forum should merge them together, plus maybe give a chance to update/edit last post after long time,
- animated GIF files don't always play, they are static. I know it's "obsolete" format, but still useful in Guides,
- GIF file size restriction is stupidly low, 488 kilo, while other files are in multiple megabytes (like 10-30 MB or so for JPEG, way too big), wasting serwer space.

Last edited:
I've just had the 15 seconds warning refusing to go away. It also said try again in some huge number of seconds. I closed the browser, pasted the text into Notepad and copied the raw text.
Went back into FF with a new browser window and it accepted the pasted text.

Back