Panda 2012+ 2022 Panda 7" Touch Screen Questions

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ 2022 Panda 7" Touch Screen Questions

For this 7" touch screen that is in the current Panda 4x4 Cross (pictured below) I had a few questions if anyone can help:

- Is this a single DIN unit with only the face being double DIN size?
- Is the back of the screen panel connected to the slot / holder thing behind it?
- As Fiat ditched the Aux input, is there any form of 3.5mm jack to USB that would allow a portable CD player to be utilised i.e. allow the device to recognise the analogue signal?
- I'm assuming there are no current adaptors and facia kits that will allow replacement of this unit whilst retaining steering wheel controls?

Fiat_Panda-Cross-Trims-radio-touch-screen-Desktop-big_680x400.jpg

I can't speak for this unit, but I expect that rather than create a new dash, they have used a Fingle din with touchscreen and created a little duct in place of the twin vents on earlier cars.

There is a fitting kit which includes fascias and a steering wheel interface, in fact I have a spare unused fasica in that texture which I can send if you're in the UK (one in my car is gloss).

If you have one of these units and are looking to get rid, I might be interested.

This headunit looks decent:

Which possibly may work with this:

Trouble would be the available space behind the dash, getting this new unit removed and checking if the older connects2 adaptor would work

Connects2 have responded to me and advised the old lead wouldn't be compatible with this new unit, nor are they planning a new lead anytime soon. I've emailed some of my local auto electricians to get their thoughts. As it's such a new unit it may be a case of waiting until I get the car to pull it out and check the connections to see what can be done

Probably wise, when I replaced mine it was standard iso connectors, fakra antenna and 3.5mm plug for the steering wheel controls.

Interestingly enough, a fitting kit didn't exist for the Panda until recently, I emailed them and they said they would get on it, so it might be available soon.

I'd imagine that as it's likely to be the end of this Panda shape shortly, that the interfaces and other bits are likely the same, I can't see them re-engineering everything for a year or two's run

Back