General 2016 Lounge - Lost Bluetooth connectivity again - App gone obsolete?

Currently reading:
General 2016 Lounge - Lost Bluetooth connectivity again - App gone obsolete?

wkdlillaw

Heya, After taking my 2016 Lounge to the fiat garage and paying for a software update a couple of years ago, once again i've lost connectivity.
I checked the app every few months to make sure it was kept up to date, but now it seems the app has been retired.
I tried downloading the Mopar app but it doesn't recognise my car!

Anyone else had the same problem? If so did you manage to resolve it?
Cant do without bluetooth, I need my Waze to tell me where the speed cameras are!

Cheers

Hey, sorry yes this is uconnect.
I managed to actually connect my phone again last night, so it's OK for now, though after some investigation, the uconnect app is definitely terminated as of beginning of 2023, andi found no equivalent "Mopar" app for Fiat... (all the other car manufacturers using uconnect seem to have a new equivalent app).

This will become a potential problem when the time comes to update the firmware in our cars, as the uconnect website doesn't respond when putting your VIN in to download the software via computer: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

I used to have a speed camera app that worked with any of the map softwares I have used it superimposed itself on the waze app and gave a second warning of speed cameras verbally. Unfortunately I cant remember what is was called, It would work independantly of the bluetooth. It worked with google maps too. It was not hard to locate in the app store. Now retired I just drive a lot slower. I think the case against inbuilt car systems is proved. There is utterly no point in paying for a system the makers fail to support.

Hey, sorry yes this is uconnect.
I managed to actually connect my phone again last night, so it's OK for now, though after some investigation, the uconnect app is definitely terminated as of beginning of 2023, andi found no equivalent "Mopar" app for Fiat... (all the other car manufacturers using uconnect seem to have a new equivalent app).

This will become a potential problem when the time comes to update the firmware in our cars, as the uconnect website doesn't respond when putting your VIN in to download the software via computer: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
Sadly it is becoming a massive problem across all of the technology industry. A lot of new Apps rely on servers and services running in the background to work, and when manufacturers move on to something bigger and better they just dump the old stuff not wanting to keep on paying for the servers, this has resulted in masses of electronics becoming only suitable for land fill and its annoying to hear that it has crept into cars as well. Something like the basic bluetooth function should not be powered by an app.

It looks like u connect is now like blue & me OBSOLETE!
I replaced my stereo in my 2011 a couple of years ago .. speakers also and put in a compact sub … my system is now a touch screen “hey siri” system! I can ask for anything while I’m driving and presto .. I have it! I future proofed my entertainment system!

Back