First Post since joining great to be here
A quick question I traded my 2010 500 in for a 2016
The 2010 one had Bluetooth, connect phone etc
My 2016 has no phone option on stearing wheel and can't seem to connect phone
Does every fiat 500 have Bluetooth for phone connecting
Cheers

My 2016 Pop doesn't have BT connectivity, was wondering how to upgrade

My 2016 Pop doesn't have BT connectivity, was wondering how to upgrade
One way to look at it is to consider yourself lucky. This is just the age at which the factory fit Blue&Me module in higher spec versions transmogrifies into a dysfunctional battery-draining zombie.

The general consensus is that it's not even worth considering trying to retro install an OEM Blue&Me unit; there are far too many parts and wiring that just aren't there on a pop and even if it could be somehow made to work, the cost would be horrendous. It would probably work out cheaper to trade the car in for a lounge.

It all depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you only want hands free 'phone functionality, then a Parrot will do the job well. If you want to play music from a memory stick or phone, then fitting an aftermarket head unit with the functionality you want is probably the best way of going about this. If you just want a bit more than a CD's worth of music, the existing head unit will play an .mp3 coded CD, which will give you around 60 tracks or so.

Last edited:
Uconnect 3 radio fitted, can.t see the CD slot, and I can often find a slot even in the dark 🫢

Uconnect 3 radio fitted
OK I'm out of my comfort zone now - my previous comments are for the Blue&Me system fitted to the pre-facelift cars.

Hopefully someone more familiar with these models will be along in a minute.

Meanwhile, do you have a handbook for your uConnect, and if so, does it say anything useful?

The manual tells you how to turn it on!

There is a USB connect port that will play stuff (& charge) on your phone (and maybe other devices) but WONT stream any stuff like the BBC sounds app.
And a 3mm audi in jack which will stream audio, and phone audio too, so using the mic on the phone hands free calling is available.

If its a DIN size unit, the remove the radio use a adapter plate and fit something like this https://caraudiosecurity.com/deh-s520bt-car-cd-mp3-player-bluetooth-usb-multi-colour-illumi
will be vastly superior?
Replacing the radio on a facelift model is not that easy. They connect to the CAN bus for steering wheel control and to switch on/off for example.
Things like setting date and time goes through the radio. (At least with the Uconnect 5 and 7).
And you will need MES to change the cars configuration (proxy alignment) or you will end up with blinking milage.

Replacing the radio on a facelift model is not that easy. They connect to the CAN bus for steering wheel control and to switch on/off for example.
Things like setting date and time goes through the radio. (At least with the Uconnect 5 and 7).
And you will need MES to change the cars configuration (proxy alignment) or you will end up with blinking milage.
I'll not go down that road then!

This is the same as the 66 plate

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I also looked at this which appears to be the same, but has a phone button

does that stereo need blue and me

a New Bluetooth stereo/replacement headset wouldn’t though..?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back