Technical 2016 Fiat Ducato van MWB bulkhead removal bolt

Currently reading:
Technical 2016 Fiat Ducato van MWB bulkhead removal bolt

Ducto

Hi all, new arrival here and am trying to remove the bulkhead from the van as above. Outer bolts were simple, the rivet type needed drilling or grinding a little and then a smart tap with a hammer on a chisel removed them.

Problem is now the two cargo star bolts - awaiting the arrival of the TK40 tool to take them out but they appear to have been put in with Loctite and have bent a screwdriver TK40 already.

Further is the black bolt at the bottom and in the middle of the bulkhead in the cargo area. It looks suspiciously like it has another function the other side and underneath.

There's my question: Does anybody know what/if it supports or holds on the other side - photograph in my gallery - not enough posts to post pic yet.

I'm just going out to get underneath again - hopefully see/feel the suspect this time.

Last edited:
Hi, don't know how much different the x290 bulkhead is to the x250 but I removed mine, (x250) with no problems, as I remember, the bottom bolts were different to the ones around the sides, no pop rivets in mine though so there's one difference

Hi all, new arrival here and am trying to remove the bulkhead from the van as above. Outer bolts were simple, the rivet type needed drilling or grinding a little and then a smart tap with a hammer on a chisel removed them.

Problem is now the two cargo star bolts - awaiting the arrival of the TK40 tool to take them out but they appear to have been put in with Loctite and have bent a screwdriver TK40 already.

Further is the black bolt at the bottom and in the middle of the bulkhead in the cargo area. It looks suspiciously like it has another function the other side and underneath.

There's my question: Does anybody know what/if it supports or holds on the other side - photograph in my gallery - not enough posts to post pic yet.

I'm just going out to get underneath again - hopefully see/feel the suspect this time.

any luck.??

Thanks but still worried about that one black one in the whole panel.

Can't feel the other end but there's a plastic grommet with a loop on it at roughly same site and think it's in there. May just undo and hope for the best

Just make up a couple of post to get to the required number and then post some pictures.

Mike
OK am doing now. Think I'll get Fiat to take a look and calm the way.

Will post a pic though.

Hi,
Can't help with the central bolt, but you should note that most moderm Fiats use RIBE (polydrive in USA) socket head fastners, not Torx or spline. Yoy can get a bit set from Machine Mart e.g. Clarke PRO-168.
A Torx will fit in but is likely to damage tool and head. Torx-Plus may be compatible but I've never tried one.

Robert G8RPI.

Hi,
Can't help with the central bolt, but you should note that most moderm Fiats use RIBE (polydrive in USA) socket head fastners, not Torx or spline. Yoy can get a bit set from Machine Mart e.g. Clarke PRO-168.
A Torx will fit in but is likely to damage tool and head. Torx-Plus may be compatible but I've never tried one.

Robert G8RPI.
Thanks for that. The Torx 40 did it no problem

Spoke to Fiat and a service man there told me removing it was fine, nothng connected the other side.

All out now. Thanks to all.

Finally in this thread, we put the brand new bulkhead on eBay and had no takers for £38 so dumped it in the scrapyard.
Nothing seems to be worth anything these days (sad observation!)

TY to all

Finally in this thread, we put the brand new bulkhead on eBay and had no takers for £38 so dumped it in the scrapyard.
Nothing seems to be worth anything these days (sad observation!)

TY to all

In Oz, people are looking for AUD$250.00 and up. I have been offered $200 for mine but knocked it back in case I ever decide to sell the van.
Go figure :bang:

Back