General 2016 Fiat Ducato Dashboard

Currently reading:
General 2016 Fiat Ducato Dashboard

eetsteamleader9101

Hi everybody,

Hope someone can help me with upgrading my dashboard. It is a 2016 with cowls that make it difficult to read the right had side of the speedometer. Is it possible to upgrade to a flat LED speedometer?

Any advice on if it can be done and cost and availability will be appreciated.

Dave

I have seen some reports from Ducato owners who have replaced with white ones. Unfortunately I have no idea how to source these in your country.
You might also consider a generic GPS-based accessory digital speedometer such as Bobrik.

1709997676694.png

Last edited:
I have seen some reports from Ducato owners who have replaced with white ones. Unfortunately I have no idea how to source these in your country.

(I think a 2016 'van will have come out of the factory with the dial lights permanently illuminated when ignition is on. Originally, they were only illuminated with external lights on, and there was a software fix to change them to permanent illumination sometime around 2015/16. If yours aren't illuminated with the ignition (and it does improve things somewhat) then you might like to chase that fix via a Fiat Professional dealer).

Yes, our 2018 has a menu selection to adjust the illumination. It took me some testing to figure out the best setting. It’s now much better than the original one was. I use DRL at daytime. The speedometer illumination dims when I switch the headlights on but that’s OK in the dark

Yes, I posted on the lighting level adjustment (which isn't entirely intuitive) some time ago, here:

And just in case the OP hasn't had the software fix for permanent illumination of the instruments, there is some background here:

(I think a 2016 'van will have come out of the factory with the dial lights permanently illuminated when ignition is on. Originally, they were only illuminated with external lights on, and there was a software fix to change them to permanent illumination sometime around 2015/16. If yours aren't illuminated with the ignition (and it does improve things somewhat) then you might like to chase that fix via a Fiat Professional dealer).
My 2017 came with illumination off but mysteriously came on with ignition after first service. So probably dealer related around that period.

Back