Technical 2012 Fiat Lounge

Currently reading:
Technical 2012 Fiat Lounge

Joobs

Hi hoping someone can assist...twice now in last 3 months not been able to turn car over...its not battery as it's new & all lights/ dash etc on ...once bump start it runs OK for last few weeks....plus car blower/ air con only works intermittently too...can they be related???

Friends suggest ....it could it be a relay issue or 'sticky' starter motor, fuse...etc ...

Taken to local garage who say difficult say if starter motor as only seen it when it's working...& s@d's law air con/ blower unit worked when took it there too!

Any help appreciated

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm thinking this could be a poor earth connection.
Hi. Thanks for replying, how would I check if poor earth connection?

(Sadly I'm one of those owners who only know how to put fuel, water & air in a car) and try to work basics out from manual.

Cheers Joobs

Hello - I have a Panda Easy 2016 and the tyre pressure light is always on - tyre pressures are Ok - garage said that
the computer is Ok = the tyre garage said that the tyres do not have tyre pressure sensors - has any one any ideas
how to fix the problem please

Hi. Thanks for replying, how would I check if poor earth connection?

(Sadly I'm one of those owners who only know how to put fuel, water & air in a car) and try to work basics out from manual.

Cheers Joobs
The engine earth connection cable is beneath the battery. These can corrode and break up. To access it the battery and it's support tray have to be removed. However a temporary earth cable (just to test if this is the problem) can be fixed between the engine and battery earth terminal. A battery jump lead will do for this. Obviously you need to get someone more knowledgeable about these things to assist you with it. :unsure:

The engine earth connection cable is beneath the battery. These can corrode and break up. To access it the battery and it's support tray have to be removed. However a temporary earth cable (just to test if this is the problem) can be fixed between the engine and battery earth terminal. A battery jump lead will do for this. Obviously you need to get someone more knowledgeable about these things to assist you with it. :unsure:
I've had the earth cable checked, cleaned off by mechanic & no corrosion found, next step ( as its happily starting first turn everytime at minute) is to keep eye and get new starter motor if happens again.
On another note I've religiously depressed clutch everytime I start it, as says in manual... but it also starts without doing it, is that right?

Joobs

Yes its correct. Mine only seems to do the depress clutch message if its in gear though. I had a Renault five used to do similar and I had a length of iron water pir in the back to bash the starter motor. It always worked. Maybe a sticky solenoid like ours. I think giving the starter a clout if you can get to it and seeing if it works may be worth the effort as it differentiates mechanical sticking form electrical to a great extent. Trouble is the starter is only really gettable from underneath on Panda.

Back