General 2011 Panda - Airbag Isolator Switch - removal from glovebox, without breaking it....??

Currently reading:
General 2011 Panda - Airbag Isolator Switch - removal from glovebox, without breaking it....??

moisin

Sadly, unable to locate the after-market manual for the 2011 Panda.

A few days ago I partly removed some of the internal front trim, due to "issues" around rodent damage.

On removing and dismantling the glove box area I had unclipped the switch, then removed it from the plastic housing.
Sadly, I must have caught the back of the switch, as when I turned on the engine I had the AIRBAG WARNING LIGHTS show up - an amber for the Bag2 & a red

I have a spare Panda on SORN which I can rescue a switch from for use - but HOW easy is removal without damage?
Is there a way to lift & twist it out with the glove box in place, or does the glove box need dismantling again?

Need to get this done today as the car is in for an MoT tomorrow!

Thanks.....

Just pops our with a credit card or similar

Disconnect the door hinge

And there enough room to swing it round

No need to undo any screws

The barrels swap over if you want to us the same key

Last edited:
Just pops our with a credit card or similar

Disconnect the door hinge

And there enough room to swing it round

No need to undo any screws

The barrels swap over if you want to us the same key

View attachment 441077
Many thanks.
Swapped the parts over, took around 5 mins, including swapping over the barrels so that the key would work in the "new" switch.

Had a slight FFS moment when the dash still showed a load of faults/errors, inc. the airbags - but turned it off and on a couple of times and all ok.

Thanks again!

Quick update.

MoT all sorted - no issues with any of the bits I've had to fettle over the last few weeks - though for some reason the only advisory was for a part that should have been replaced a week or so back (at the same garage as did the MoT) when they adjusted the tracking and replaced some worn boots, etc.

Will call in to get a price for the job once Easter is out of the way, as I need the Panda to be nicer than a nice thing for its pending "foreign" type one-off MoT in the next few weeks.

Thanks again for the help!!

Back