Technical 2011 Fiat Panda Mylife

Currently reading:
Technical 2011 Fiat Panda Mylife

Leinhon

Hi All,
I have just picked up a 2011 Fiat Panda Mylife with 20k on the clock for a cheap sum of money. it does have one thing wrong with it however and that is the boot release button on the key fails to release the boot. The key works fine in the lock and the handle itself is working fine and dandy. Any ideas on why the key button wont release the boot?

Hi and welcome,

I have one of those too (the Dynamic version), great car!

Couple of things, when you say release, do you mean the door opens up? Because all the key does is unlock it, you still have to open it.

From memory, you have to press the button for a couple of seconds for it to unlock - after all, you don't want an accidental press to unlock it ;)

Going from memory there, I stand to be corrected!

Thank you for the reply. I'm new to Pandas and didn't realise you had to hold the button down to unlock it. I've been pressing the button and expecting immediate gratification of boot unlocking. My previous 2 vehicles were instantaneous. I really must dig out the manual and give it aread.

Thank you for the reply. I'm new to Pandas and didn't realise you had to hold the button down to unlock it. I've been pressing the button and expecting immediate gratification of boot unlocking. My previous 2 vehicles were instantaneous. I really must dig out the manual and give it aread.

Yep, 2 seconds to release the boot, does the boot open with the handle on the tailgate when the car is unlocked?

It does yes. I read around the forum for a while and noticed the handle can be problematic because of crud build up but didn't see anything for my particular problem, which turns out to be user error and not the car. I hang my head in shame :-(

Definitely hold for two seconds. The 500s we used with BSM a few years back just required a single press. Often this would release when starting the car if the whole key was squeezed. I used to enjoy sending the learners out to close it again, but a longer press prevents this.

Definitely hold for two seconds. The 500s we used with BSM a few years back just required a single press. Often this would release when starting the car if the whole key was squeezed. I used to enjoy sending the learners out to close it again, but a longer press prevents this.

The Stilo is like the Panda and requires a long press, which is a good idea IMO.

The Bravo however is like the 500, and one single press and it's open, I've not caught it myself, but can see how it's can be a pain and the 2 second press setup is far better IMO.

Back