Technical 2008 Fiat 500 1.3 Multijet Check Engine Managment Light not on when ignition is on.

Currently reading:
Technical 2008 Fiat 500 1.3 Multijet Check Engine Managment Light not on when ignition is on.

dannxx

2008 Fiat 500 1.3 Multijet Check Engine Managment Light not on when ignition is on at MAR position prior to starting, all other symbols lights are on, car failed MOT on this any ideas?
No fault codes car drives well. is there a fuse for the EML?
any assistance will be greatly appreciated...

Always a chance of 'a blown bulb'.. but should only be on for seconds so unlikely

Have you had the car long.. ?

what do the old MOT reports say.. been mentioned before??

Good software can 'drive the dashboard' triggering all warnings independantly..
As well as scanning for errors.

Look at MultiECUScan member register.. somebody might be local to you

Charlie - near the M4

Has it ever come on? To check unplug a Lambda sensor start and run car it should come on? reconnect should be off?
Thanks I will try that but o2 sensor is not faulty is I disconnect the edger I get a txt on the dash and Aberdeenshire stating check engine but no EML ember light with the engine symbol

Always a chance of 'a blown bulb'.. but should only be on for seconds so unlikely

Have you had the car long.. ?

what do the old MOT reports say.. been mentioned before??

Good software can 'drive the dashboard' triggering all warnings independantly..
As well as scanning for errors.

Look at MultiECUScan member register.. somebody might be local to you

Charlie - near the M4

We had the car for four years never mentioned on mot before, interesting to ascertain if the eml light has been blown before stripping the cluster is it a led soldered to the pub it a bulb? For the symbols illumination?

Land rover discovery v6 2.8 can't remember which year..... failed mot due to no mil light.......I had to go and explain to the tester it doesn't have a mil light as the information display fulfils function of mil light on that vehicle.

I have no idea if your vehicle is similar to the above

Some one else may know.

Or drivers handbook may help

Land rover discovery v6 2.8 can't remember which year..... failed mot due to no mil light.......I had to go and explain to the tester it doesn't have a mil light as the information display fulfils function of mil light on that vehicle.

I have no idea if your vehicle is similar to the above

Some one else may know.

Or drivers handbook may help
Many thanks for the heads up the MIL on Diesel apply to Diesel Vehicles registered after January 2008
i get check engine message if I disconnect the egr but no MIL light at all in fact I don’t recall ever seeing it can anyone with a 2008 500 1.3 multijet confirm if the MIL (engine amber symbol) light comes on ignition? Thanks in advance and happ

Many thanks for the heads up the MIL on Diesel apply to Diesel Vehicles registered after January 2008
i get check engine message if I disconnect the egr but no MIL light at all in fact I don’t recall ever seeing it can anyone with a 2008 500 1.3 multijet confirm if the MIL (engine amber symbol) light comes on ignition? Thanks in advance and happ
My daughters got a 2008 Multijet, when she is home tomorrow night I will have a look for you.

My daughters got a 2008 Multijet, when she is home tomorrow night I will have a look for you.
7605BCA1-91FA-4524-8509-A9ADAC1C30E6.jpeg
2E8D3EE0-D584-4E9C-B06E-9E1DF00961A7.jpeg

Many thanks and happy Christmas I will get a second hand speedo as it’s clearly coming on, it’s my daughter cars also and yes the 500 has great MPG… it’s a shame that we will have to sell it due to ULEZ expanding next year and she adores her 500

Back