2007/2008 Vauxhall Astra Questions - Help please

Currently reading:
2007/2008 Vauxhall Astra Questions - Help please

Dad's got a 57 plate 1.9 diesel auto Astra (SRI/SXI iirc) as a courtesy car after the horrific smash he was involved in on Monday afternoon.

Does anyone have one, or know someone who does?

Just I've a few questions about it and some interior buttons :eek: as there was no handbook included :(

Firstly does it have cruise control? Between the steering wheel and drivers door where the headlight switch is, there is a button with what looks like a speedo and + and - on it. Push it and it pops out and you can twiddle it between + and - but it seem to do nothing. If it is crusie control how does one activate it?

Also, has a power button by the interior lights at the front on the roof. Has the symbol that a power botton on a TV or similar has. Again it seems to do nothing, all of the lights have seperate switches that work. Any idea's what this is for?

Thanks in advanced. Just they're small things that are irritating me :eek:

Jon.

the first one sounds like the cruise control, if its anything like the cruise control on the volvo trucks at work, just set it at your speed and take your foot away, you shouldnt get a display or anything, when you brake it obviously goes off, it should then make its way back up the speedo to what you set it at

would advise a piece of straight road just in case

Last edited:
the first one sounds like the cruise control, if its anything like the cruise control on the volvo trucks at work, just set it at your speed and take your foot away, you shouldnt get a display or anything, when you brake it obviously goes off, it should then make its way back up the speedo to what you set it at

would advise a piece of straight road just in case

Thanks. (y)

Tried what you suggest, but car just kept slowing down asthough nothing was happening :(

Ohhhh. This is now my weekend car, as I've been put on its insurance. It be very nice and powerful :devil:

And still returning 35MPG with my driving :p

Don't know what I'll do come Monday when I have to go back to the panda :rolleyes:

Get on with life...tbf a diesel that does 35 mpg is best described as f***ing useless...

Back