Nissan Key question

Currently reading:
Nissan Key question

My sister's remote key has stopped working (i.e. she can't lock/unlock the car remotely but the key otherwise starts the car). She tried a new battery but it didn't solve the problem, so I presume that the transmitter part of the key is broken?

Is the transmitter circuit/transmitter (?) part of the key easily visible on the chip? Hers is a Nissan, not Fiat... and a new key, never mind programming it, is in three figures. :eek:

I've also pointed her to Timpsons as a possible source of a new key. They say they can provide new pattern keys with remotes etc. for cheaper.. but are they any good?

Ralf S.

Re: Key question

Before going to any expense, check the owners manual and online for a reset / re-syncronisation routine for the original key. Most modern remotes use a rolling code or similar scheme. Reset can be various things involving remote, ignition or opening an closing doors. I don't know what Nissan use.
Also check for corrosion or dirt on battery contact and if you have multimeter check the new battery, it's not unknown to get a bad one.

Robert G8RPI.

Back