Technical 2000 Ducato 1.9TD stuck in neutral...

Currently reading:
Technical 2000 Ducato 1.9TD stuck in neutral...

Stholt

Just had my campervan give me the first bit of trouble. The gear stick just recently was sticking in reverse, so I crawled underneath and oiled everything up. Went back in to check the gear stick again and it felt better, but then it got stuck again, when I gave it a little shove to get it out of reverse, it stopped shifting into anything. The gear stick doesn't move at all. The cables are fine, if I detach them at the gearbox, the stick will move. The actual shift rod and levers on the gearbox seem like they have lifted up?? Any ideas?? Hoping maybe it is something I can fix myself, but figured I should ask in case.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I am consulting some old notes of mine for an even older vehicle, and do not know whether the following will be of any help.

From the central position between 3&4, the selector shaft is moved out for 1&2, and in for 5&R. Selection between the foregoing pairs is via rotary action, with I think the 1/3/5 selections being via an anti clockwise rotation of about 45 degrees, likewise 2/4/R are via a clockwise rotation.

In conclusion it is normal for the selector shaft to move in and out of the box, but if it has moved too far...........

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I am consulting some old notes of mine for an even older vehicle, and do not know whether the following will be of any help.

From the central position between 3&4, the selector shaft is moved out for 1&2, and in for 5&R. Selection between the foregoing pairs is via rotary action, with I think the 1/3/5 selections being via an anti clockwise rotation of about 45 degrees, likewise 2/4/R are via a clockwise rotation.

In conclusion it is normal for the selector shaft to move in and out of the box, but if it has moved too far...........
Thanks for the info, maybe I will try to remove the cables and see if I can work the linkage back into place...

Back