Technical Ducato 1993 1.9td intermittent power loss

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 1993 1.9td intermittent power loss

john whittle

I have recently bought the above vehicle and as the diesel has ran down to about a quarter tank an intermittent power loss (sometimes resulting in the engine completely dying) has become more frequent approx. every mile! I have replaced the fuel filter under the bonnet, oil and air filter. Please my I ask is there another filter and where is the fuel tank located as I fairly sure its a fuel delivery problem.

thank you

I have recently bought the above vehicle and as the diesel has ran down to about a quarter tank an intermittent power loss (sometimes resulting in the engine completely dying) has become more frequent approx. every mile! I have replaced the fuel filter under the bonnet, oil and air filter. Please my I ask is there another filter and where is the fuel tank located as I fairly sure its a fuel delivery problem.

thank you
Assuming fuel tank sender unit is accurate, if it only does it as tank gets low I am guessing your tank is like many vehicles very thin and flat allowing fuel to run away from pump in tank as it gets low if on any sort of slope.
Other than that if pump in tank has partially blocked gauze filter as fuel gets low it may cause delivery problems if blocked at lower area of gauze.

Back