Technical 2.8 jtd cam belt issues

Currently reading:
Technical 2.8 jtd cam belt issues

ste3800

Hope you are all well.
A mechanic friend of mine went to change the cam belt on my fiat Ducato Moho 2.8 jtd 2002.
It's not gone to plan.
I trust him alot an I know he is a really experienced mechanic.
But it won't start anymore.
It's the same belt 152 tooth and the old one.
The timing marks line up.
But it won't fire up.
Apparently the fuel pump keeps going out of sync and we have no pressure on the rail.
Has anyone had similar issues?
How did you sort it?
Cheers.

Hope you are all well.
A mechanic friend of mine went to change the cam belt on my fiat Ducato Moho 2.8 jtd 2002.
It's not gone to plan.
I trust him alot an I know he is a really experienced mechanic.
But it won't start anymore.
It's the same belt 152 tooth and the old one.
The timing marks line up.
But it won't fire up.
Apparently the fuel pump keeps going out of sync and we have no pressure on the rail.
Has anyone had similar issues?
How did you sort it?
Cheers.
If it is common rail the pump doesn't need timing, so assuming nothing else has been disturbed, it would indicate timing.
I have Auto Data Timing book if you need the details for Bosch pump with the four injector pipes coming from pump and for the later common rail type with the electronic controlled injectors. If you want the details give me the Sofim engine series number 8140.**

If it is common rail the pump doesn't need timing, so assuming nothing else has been disturbed, it would indicate timing.
I have Auto Data Timing book if you need the details for Bosch pump with the four injector pipes coming from pump and for the later common rail type with the electronic controlled injectors. If you want the details give me the Sofim engine series number 8140.**
Any info would be good.
Cheers.

Attachments

• DSCF0723.JPG
    DSCF0723.JPG
    452 KB · Views: 94
Has the camshaft sensor been disturbed? Spacing from pulley is critical.

Also are there no dash warning lights shown other than oil and battery (alternator)?

As above crank or cam sensor wire may have been knocked off, they control the injector timeing on a common rail set up.

As above crank or cam sensor wire may have been knocked off, they control the injector timeing on a common rail set up.
On the 2.8jtd the crank sensor controls the injection timing, but it is tucked away under a special bracket, so unlikely to be affected.
The camshaft sensor informs the ECU of the stroke that the the engine is on, and is only used when starting. With the engine cover removed this sensor is exposed.

Back