Off Topic 12mm or 14mm front wishbone bush??

Currently reading:
Off Topic 12mm or 14mm front wishbone bush??

chillipopz

Hi all group members green on here so bear with me lol...just got a stilo 2.4 abarth o5 plate looking at changing bthe front wish bone bushes ..apparently theres two types 12mm and 14mm...any idea what my 05 plate has and what year they actually moved up to 14mm?? again thanks all in advance.;)

just got a stilo 2.4 abarth o5 plate looking at changing bthe front wish bone bushes ..apparently theres two types 12mm and 14mm...any idea what my 05 plate has and what year they actually moved up to 14mm?? again thanks all in advance.;)

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

Fairly sure that a 2005 model has the 14mm version. There's also a third version made of pressed steel instead of cast iron.

If you want to send me your VIN via Private Message, I'll check the parts catalogue for you.

Last edited:
Hi

My advice would be to measure the thickness of the pertruding bolt threat with a vernier.
That way you will kniw if t is 12 or 14mm.
On my rebuild post I replaced both lower control arms but they were 12mm, so had them drilled to 14mm

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

Fairly sure that a 2005 model has the 14mm version. There's also a third version made of pressed steel instead of cast iron.

If you want to send me your VIN via Private Message, I'll check the parts catalogue for you.

According to your VIN, the car has the earlier 12mm suspension arms. However, you say the car has an 05 plate. Your VIN indicates the the car was built on 12th March 2004. Check that you've sent me the correct VIN.

fantastic called parts 4u they did a vin check mine are 12mm..apparently cast wishbones which mine are are 12mm and the pressed steel type are 14mm

Back