Technical Stilo 1.9 jtd 8v steering inner tie rods replacement. Anyone knows the original PN's or OEM equivalent parts?

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 1.9 jtd 8v steering inner tie rods replacement. Anyone knows the original PN's or OEM equivalent parts?

ruispeed3d

Hey everyone,

This last weekend i replaced both my lower suspension arms and anti roll bar link rods and then proceeded do do a wheel alignment.

I discovered, as the alignment guy was showing me, that my steering rack inner tie rods(not outer) are a bit worn out and loose on the ball joint.

i wanted to know...as the eper parts website only displays the complete steering rack...what were the original part numbers for both the inner tie rods (if they actually exist) or the OEM equivalent part from any other parts brand. are they equal in length on both sides? i suppose not but i'm not sure.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Rui Louro

The steering tie rods were never suppled separately by Fiat, so there is no Fiat part number for them.

Borg & Beck list them separately as part number BTR4960. They show the same part number for the left and right one.
Thank you,

I had a feeling that would be the case as soon as i saw the complete rack listed on eper but i had hope, so i had to ask 😅

I searched around the internet, Autodoc and other auto parts websites to be exact, and they gave me some parts from a load of different brands and from the looks of it they're the same on both sides, some brands even give you the option of a 2-piece package and they're two identical rods.

I then searched with the reference that you gave me in mind and basically got the same results...so that checks out.

So what's left for me to check are my local auto parts shops for this parts or references and figure out what's the best deal.

thank you again,
Rui Louro

Back