General 100hpJames's Panda back from the scrap!

Currently reading:
General 100hpJames's Panda back from the scrap!

Have you seen his feedback from the 8th July ?

iconNeg_16x16.gif
BEWARE!! - Tried to sell a damaged and repaired car as 'genuine - no accidents'!

I got a reply back. He's said that he's had a gold hpi check done and it came back clear. This sounds like the same thing that happened last time. Someone bought it with a clear hpi check when it shouldn't have come up clear. Did we ever establish why the hpi check came back clear last time?

At the risk of sounding unpopular, I'm wondering if the current seller has fallen victim to the same thing as the last guy who sold it, ie, got an hpi check and then found out after that this wasn't quite right. From his email to me he sounds like a reasonable sort of chap.

cheers
Jason

It's the same guy. THe fact that he's threatening legal action over Ebay suggests he's not a reasonable sort of chap tbh.

:devil: time for auction wrecking, all those with posting id,s step forward. let,s see how high we can get it....

Well I've already quite rightfully given him a bollocking for being misleading and he has my Ebay ID so I'm afraid I don't want to give him a legitimate reason to get Ebay onto me. If you do go and raise the price to silly levels then please don't post about it on here as that would just be silly ;)

more likely trying to get legal action over us here looking after future panda owners.

I'm still unsure why the car was 'apparently' not declared a write-off as I've had no reply with an explanation from the accident management company, and I was told the car was a total loss, I have the paper work to prove, will have to dig it out.

more likely trying to get legal action over us here looking after future panda owners.

Yeah. The guy is clearly a chancer. There is no way he'd get anyone for slander when there is so much evidence against him.

Edit: Not read the thread through but did anyone actually find out if the car was HPI clear or are we just taking his word for it?

the car DOES come back HPi clear, but shouldn't. So the seller isn't wrong there thats the point, lol.

my beef is,

1. Why was the car not declared a write off to begin with, when I was told it was and have paperwork to confirm.
2. With the evidence we produced to the seller, why doesn't he admit its been in an accident but was not recorded for some reason?

if he was just honest about it he'd be in the clear, then theres the accident management company to deal with.

the car DOES come back HPi clear, but shouldn't. So the seller isn't wrong there thats the point, lol.

my beef is,

1. Why was the car not declared a write off to begin with, when I was told it was and have paperwork to confirm.
2. With the evidence we produced to the seller, why doesn't he admit its been in an accident but was not recorded for some reason?

if he was just honest about it he'd be in the clear, then theres the accident management company to deal with.

Cheers for clearing that up. That's pretty dodgey. You do wonder if perhaps the Ebay guy has a contact in the accident management company with cars coming in which can be repaired to look alright o the outside fairly cheaply. Accident company forgets to write car off and this guy sells them on and make a handsome profit from misselling the car. All pure speculation of course ;)

I think its about time you stopped crying about this car james , you have another 1 now which looks just like it:) but it is a shame that you must have paid nearly twice for it after your insurance company paid out pennys for the first 1:cry: maybe that is why your pist that someone is trying to making a bit of money from it.

I think its about time you stopped crying about this car james , you have another 1 now which looks just like it:) but it is a shame that you must have paid nearly twice for it after your insurance company paid out pennys for the first 1:cry: maybe that is why your pist that someone is trying to making a bit of money from it.

Wow. Stupid post of the day.

James seems to be looking out for someone who may very well be sold a dodgey car. I think that's pretty good of him. You on the other hand are helping no one with your attitude.

Wow. Stupid post of the day.

James seems to be looking out for someone who may very well be sold a dodgey car. I think that's pretty good of him. You on the other hand are helping no one with your attitude.

fully agree, this thread, if you had bothered to read through and understand it, has been about trying to stop what is obviously a wrongun, going back out to an unsuspecting buyer. if it was you who had bought, come on here, and found out about its past, i'd bet a years mortgage payment, the crying would be coming from you.

fully agree, this thread, if you had bothered to read through and understand it, has been about trying to stop what is obviously a wrongun, going back out to an unsuspecting buyer. if it was you who had bought, come on here, and found out about its past, i'd bet a years mortgage payment, the crying would be coming from you.
I just realised something...... look at the wheels on that car in his avatar and look at his two other posts and when he registered! Fits in perfectly as our man in Cheshire :)

nobody's crying here, as the above people have explained, I'm trying to save a future owner of BG56ZWJ a bit of heartache when they find out its been deemed a total loss in the past, but if they're a true 100hp fan they'll hopefully be put off by replica wheels.
The panda on ebay was my first new car and my first big purchase, I'd hate to find out someone spent their hard earned on a car with a hidden past.

as for the money involved, I lost £1600, lesson learned now have gap insurance, also bought a car with less miles on the clock, in excellent original condition. After the injury claim the total I lost was about 200, which isn't bad for a car with 10000 less miles :)

Last edited:
Again not defending no one, and i would also like the new owner of the car to know the past.

but from what i am hearing and the pictures the car should be deemed a CAt C and not a Cat D.

# Category C - Repairable. Possibly structural damage. Cost of damage (at main dealer prices and labour rates) is more than book value of bike.
# Category D - Repairable. Probably non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.

http://www.motorcycle.co.uk/insurance_write_off.htm

Obviously, James was the old owner of the car, i guess you have got the chassis measured up and know that there are major chasiss damage ?

It seems everyone know the car pretty well, is that from reading the forum/seeing the picture or axctually seen the car when it got damaged?

And have anyone one from the forum seen the car after it has been repaired??

So far have the seller told a lie? Hpi came back clear, and he is just stating fact.

Think is unfair to the seller and to the buyer. a touchy case.

Ming

Last edited:
Back