General 100hpJames's Panda back from the scrap!

Currently reading:
General 100hpJames's Panda back from the scrap!

I emailed the seller yesterday, before I realised that the car looked familiar.

The seller (seems foreign) replied to say the car was in excellent condition with no accidents/claims/finance on it.

The question is - how good are the repairs? It makes you wonder why he is selling so cheaply? He MUST know about the cars history - either that or the repairs have been bodged and he has found out - maybe went to a garage for a service or tracking check or something and they told him to get rid - sharpish!

Whatever, it seems that this car should not be on the road and more importantly, how the hell has it bypassed the "total loss" loop? That is very concerning....

andy

There's nothing to say it shouldn't be on the road, it could have been quite correctly repaired. The history should be made clear to a buyer though.

Yes, I understand that - however, the fact that its being sold for £3500 makes you think that the seller has found something majorly wrong with it and wants rid fast.

If its not with HPIs records, why doesnt he sell for £5500 in autotrader/free ads etc?
He must have discovered something and is cutting his losses.

andy

From the new eBay listing:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This little panda has sustained light panel damage in the past to the nearside front corner, the repair to the vehicle is outstanding and has been carried out to the highest standards. We have had the vehicle professionally surveyed by Manchester Autobodies, a fiat dealer approved repairers, and they have reported that the vehicle has had no structural or chassis damage, We will supply a copy of this report with the vehicle. The vehicle is completely Hpi clear and has not been the subject of any insurance total loss claims, there is no record of accident damage, police interest or outstanding finanace on the vehicle. [/FONT]

Hmmm. So its been repaired and inspected. But the hpi clear bit is a bit suspect.

I'm not convinced the "light" panel damage is referring to the reason it was written off :D Would be interesting to see a copy of the inspection report though....

Chris

from the vendor:

As desribed there was no structural damage to the vehicle, you are more than welcome to veiw and have the car fully inpsected yourself to satisy yourself that this is the case, i will be providing a full engineers report with the vehicle.
The damage was to the bonnet, wings, front panel, bumper and windscreen, there was no damage to the chassis legs, a pillar, bulkhead, sill or any part of structure.
If you are a serious buyer please give me a call i would be more than happy to discuss.

Thanks

- cheshirevdub

:chin:

LOL. Got this reply today. What a complete, total and utter gimp.

PLease substantiate your claims, Otherwise what you have written is slander, and i can and will follow up with a legal prosecution.

I got a reply back. He's said that he's had a gold hpi check done and it came back clear. This sounds like the same thing that happened last time. Someone bought it with a clear hpi check when it shouldn't have come up clear. Did we ever establish why the hpi check came back clear last time?

At the risk of sounding unpopular, I'm wondering if the current seller has fallen victim to the same thing as the last guy who sold it, ie, got an hpi check and then found out after that this wasn't quite right. From his email to me he sounds like a reasonable sort of chap.

cheers
Jason

Back