General 100hp Front Bumper Replaceable?

Currently reading:
General 100hp Front Bumper Replaceable?

With the wintery and icy condition of late someone slid into my lovely Panda 100hp while she was parked up (being all innocent) and the front bumper is crack & broken. Are these bumpers (100hp specific) easily available?

Where do I start, just do it all through insurance and hope they dont right of the car?
Go to a savage yard?
Ebay?
Fiat themselves?

Any advice would be appreciated

Mike

Attachments

• 20221214_231137.jpg
    20221214_231137.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 395
With the wintery and icy condition of late someone slid into my lovely Panda 100hp while she was parked up (being all innocent) and the front bumper is crack & broken. Are these bumpers (100hp specific) easily available?

Where do I start, just do it all through insurance and hope they dont right of the car?
Go to a savage yard?
Ebay?
Fiat themselves?

Mike
Obviously do what you think right, however I have had several people I know who ended up paying higher insurance as a result of "being involved an accident" even where the other party has taken total responsibility for the accident and the innocent party has been indoors watching the TV whilst car parked correctly. Further more simply inquiring about making an accident claim, without making a claim can be recorded by an insurance company as "having been involved in an accident" when future policy renewal premiums are being quoted!

How bad is the bumper damaged? Is repair an option?
A few thoughts from my experiences
Pattern 100hp bumpers are available sometimes (but the ones I've seen were not particularly good quality and the fit wasn't great. Some are made of a recycled plastic which seems to shed its paint when flexed)
Second hand genuine ones are getting rare, but do come up occasionally, if you are not in a hurry. And most are overpriced for their condition. (In the end I bought a whole car to get one and it still needed a small repair. Although spare gearbox and better wheels eased the pain a bit)
Insurance claim will almost certainly be a write-off.
It is possible to use a standard bumper and grille as a temporary measure to get mobile.

Hi there. I see that you are in Norwich. I recently used Italicar in Norwich for a cambelt and water pump change and they were brilliant and very friendly. They have a lot of experience with the 100hp and they just might be able to help you, either with a repair or in sourcing a front bumper.

I fitted a standard Panda bumper modified with the rubber overriders removed and the 100HP extensions added. You'll need a plastics welder to deal with the overrider fittings (filler will simply fall out). You lose the 100HP grille but the end result looks far better than standard Panda bumpers normally do.

I had mine plastic welded, did a tidy job, but I think yours is too far gone, I would look for a salvage part, isn’t going to be cheap!

I found, with the 2009 cross, it was cheaper to get an import (came from Lithuania of all places free delivery!), even with tax!
As for my current cross, got a secondhand one with one tiny crack, in an unseeable place, that I’ve plastic melded

Might as well recommend the company. We have a garages section. Would help others
I tried finding the company who supplied my old cross bumper and guess what, stopped importing to blighty’. It was a German company but the bumper came from Lithuania.
If you’ve got a good soldering iron, then plastic melding is easily diy achievable (except that above) and there’s plenty of YouTube guides…

Go to a savage yard?
Ebay?
Fiat themselves?

Mike
There you go…

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Get a standard Panda bumper for 2p and remove the black rubber inserts. Plastic weld infills over the divots (filler will not work). Skim smooth and paint. The 100HP wheel arch spats will fit. The splitter also fits but you need to do some trimming. You lose the front grille but it does not look out of place.

Get a standard Panda bumper for 2p and remove the black rubber inserts. Plastic weld infills over the divots (filler will not work). Skim smooth and paint. The 100HP wheel arch spats will fit. The splitter also fits but you need to do some trimming. You lose the front grille but it does not look out of place.
Or the standard 4x4 bumper and matching grill…

Or the standard 4x4 bumper and matching grill…
If you can find one.

I looked and looked for 100HP bumpers and never found anything usable for remotely reasonable money. 4x4 was just as rare. I fitted a standard type as a stop-gap then realised it's not significantly different and can be made to fit. You dont "need" to deal with the black inserts but it looks much better without them. I tried filler but it cracked out while I was priming it. If you want the smooth look, you'll need to cut out the divots and weld in flat inserts.

As of January last year they were still available from Fiat for £376 + vat. I’d give Shop4parts a call if you go for a new one, they might be able to source something from Italy slighty cheaper.

Well, I did have a new 100hp bumper lined up with "synetiq" but the deal fell through the bumper was damaged too.

Sod it I'll fix myself !!
1. Find all the bits, 90% check
2 Watch YouTube, check
3. Have a go, check

Drilled holes in the bits and the remaining bumper and cable tied it all together. Bought a Fatboy Fibre Glass kit and covered the inside of the bumper (with cable ties still in place). Clip off the cable ties on the front side and used Isopon P.40 to strengthen the front.

Sanded that back, fixed up any imperfections with Isopon P.38 body filler and more sanding, then some more sanding. Finally some Plastic Primer.

More work to do (yes I did prime over the duct tape :)), a bit of clean up then paint.

Attachments

• 20230121_130833.jpg
    20230121_130833.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230121_130808.jpg
    20230121_130808.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
  • 20230122_120939.jpg
    20230122_120939.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 20230204_160400.jpg
    20230204_160400.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 101
  • 20230205_153655.jpg
    20230205_153655.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Well, I did have a new 100hp bumper lined up with "synetiq" but the deal fell through the bumper was damaged too.

Sod it I'll fix myself !!
1. Find all the bits, 90% check
2 Watch YouTube, check
3. Have a go, check

Drilled holes in the bits and the remaining bumper and cable tied it all together. Bought a Fatboy Fibre Glass kit and covered the inside of the bumper (with cable ties still in place). Clip off the cable ties on the front side and used Isopon P.40 to strengthen the front.

Sanded that back, fixed up any imperfections with Isopon P.38 body filler and more sanding, then some more sanding. Finally some Plastic Primer.

More work to do (yes I did prime over the duct tape :)), a bit of clean up then paint.
Great work

Back