Technical 100 HP - noisy rear suspension

Currently reading:
Technical 100 HP - noisy rear suspension

One thing I did notice the other day is that inside plastic line on the bumper can "unpop" just behind each rear wheel which can make it a tad noisy at speed! Simple enough to snap back into place but may be worth checking. :D

Chris

Its just amazing that none of us can find out what causes this. Had the dealer onto mine - again this year. I have replaced the dampers and nothing changed. I noticed the bolts that hold the dampers are thinner than the hole in the bush they pass through.

Dealer thinks its the bump stops doing their work. Neither they, nor I can see anything else wrong, however I intend to find out what it is and fix it, so watch this space. One thing is that I no longer think its anything to worry about.
I am going to follow up the bumper theory as I too think the noise sounds similar to something connected to it.

If anyone finds a solution please sing out as its an annoyance on an otherwise superb little car.

New bump stops fitted the noise that sounded like a cracked suspension arm is gone. I let the dealer do it. I had to tell them what to fix as the first three times they couldn't find anything wrong. I really did not believe the stops could cause this clonk as it sounded far to hard for it to be the issue. I am going to try self adhesive high density rubber sheet on the spring base plate and see if this may also help.

If you want to do the job yourself jack up the rear and you can remove the springs without any tools the new bump stops just push in. Carefully replace the spring and bos your uncle. I am going to put some quality mastic between bump stop and body to ensure they don't come loose again.

Damper bushes will make a constant noise over all surfaces so don't get to fast to replace them. I changes mine at 50K and it was worth it as straight line stability is improved but it dint stop the clonking!

Good luck

Mine also does this but it seems to happen at totally random times, its got almost new Koni's and new springs so i'm pretty sure its not that and i've changed the backbox for an ulter-sport one and it still does it despite being able to shake the exhaust with no noise....very odd.

Back