Technical 1.9 JTD major problems please help

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 JTD major problems please help

Re: finaly its back together working only 1 small problem

thanks for the help guys.
the whole reason the turbo went in the first palce is my m8 went into some snow and ice and it smashed the oil/vapour trap sucking the plastic shards into the trubo.
i have sorted all of that now and cleaned all the pipes out. however that boost valve is right nexto the vapour box it may have been damaged by the ice and snow at the same time ..will have a good look at the boost valve d4 for my bogus faults and all other stuff once this bloody rain stops lol.
will let you know how i get on manny thanks.

Last edited:

If your boost valve has packed up i have a brand new one here that needs a home if you need it.

this car is mad lol.
the sticking throtle is still a problem comes and goes going to investigate tomorow

the errors on the dash all gone only the odd abs asr fail that stays off for a long time between restarts. its wet today i wonder if this is the cause damp getting in going to clean all the electrics tomorow.

is there a way to test the boost valve i do have an obd2 and labtop all working fine with the fiatecu software there is a live data section with the boost valve.
what should the peramiters be if its working and if its not.
if it is the boost valve i will have that one off you m8 thanks.

Might just be worth unplugging your Maf if you havent done it as if you have been following my post thats whats it turned out to be in my case.

Someone with alot more knowlage will be along soo to answer the tec stuff as i dont have a clue.

hello m8 not shure what is going on yet untill i can get out and have a look bloody weather sucks.
there are no errors on my labtop when i do a diagnostic only heater plug pree heat.
there is a live dats and section for when the car is running that has boost valve peramiters havent tryed it yet any idea what they should be.
then if its the boost then i will have that one m8

will unplug the maf and test that now as we are poping out for a bit, the car other than the revs stickung is fine no loss of power the turbo seems fine.it boots on when you put yopur foot down dosent run eraticaly.

didnt get a chance today, muppet1 mabe tomorow.

the car is geting better it dosent seem to take as long for it to stop sticking.
no dash lights all day apart from asr abs but i think i knowthe cause of that ..damp....dry... joint ....or sensor.

i unpluged the maf it made a slight diference down in performance hardly noticable . and running fine when pluged back in. so its not that.

Last edited:
hi i could do with a bit more help this car is mad.

today i thought sod the rain just get out and do sum stuff on the car i had a small oil leak from the turbo pipe.so i replaced the gasket from under neeth on my ramps toutched nothing else the bonnet was up it was pissing down.

once i had fixed the leak i tested the car turned the key there was no preeheat light and a security faliure mesage on the dash with a car and lock symbol.
the car wont start
after turning it off and on having a cuppa trhe preeheat finaly came back on and the security warning was gone the car starts.
then when i turn the ignition off the car still runs i had to stall it to stop it. tryed several times got the security again then once it was off it starts but runs when turned off.
what could this be the manual says ignition barrel security failur.(worn)?
why would the car continue to run even when ignition off.

is it just water in the engine and bat box etc.
cheers people.

i belive you are rite m8 i was thinking along the same lines.
managed to get it to run went out for 30mins seems to have cleared up quite a lot.obviously drying out.

the car has stood for quite some time in all the snow and ice with no covers thats what broke the turbo in the first place my m8 hit a (mound of snow and ice)

i am now 99% shure that damp is the cause of my cars strange intermitent electriclal faults.,will wate untill we get a dry day before proceeding to clean and dry every electrical plug that i can find lol.

as for the sticking revs still a problem will wate untill we get a dry spell.

thanks for your help Davren. :)

the car wont start
after turning it off and on having a cuppa trhe preeheat finaly came back on and the security warning was gone the car starts.
then when i turn the ignition off the car still runs i had to stall it to stop it. tryed several times got the security again then once it was off it starts but runs when turned off.
what could this be the manual says ignition barrel security failur.(worn)?

This could be the D4 connector (see guides), or possibly the immobiliser pickup coil that is around the outside of the ingition barrel.

cheers m8 i will try those they are on my list of electrical points to dry and clean, read about the d4 in the guides going to get some electrical contact cleaning spray and sort them out asap.

all those errors have now gone as you said guys and as i thought water plain and simple. i got some elecrical contact cleaner today going to sort all the electrics tomorow.

still has the revs sticking its a pain will take a look tomorow .

has this car got a solenoid to control the throtle...just an idea mite bee sticking...........will update tomorow. thanks people.

ricnfiona;242090has this car got a solenoid to control the throtle...just an idea mite bee sticking...........will update tomorow. thanks people.[/QUOTE said:
No. It is purely electronic control of the fuel injectors. There is no butterfly or idle control valve like a petrol.

at last a dry day.
today changed the heater plugs (preheat error now fixed).

took all the conections from the battery and fuses cleaned and replaced caroded ones (bit oxidized) and connections. the neg term on the bat was verry poor so i have replaced it with a solid one so now got a good solid earth -.
cleaned all the conections that i could get to.

started her up no errors on the dash. so the preheat is now sorted.and the chatering door locks have stopped no security error all working fine.
ran a labtop diagnostic cleared the earlyer stored faults.
went shopping ran another test all fine apart from the errors below.

(1 error remains asr abs data line i guess that is one of the wires from each wheel.)

still sticking throtle. the asr abs failure when driving along comes and goes.

i also noticed to day while going up a hill that the car seemed to lack power for a bit it has done this twice leads me to belive boost valve faulty......

just about there lol.....i know shtloads about this car now thanks to this forum some kind members and a sht load of study.
thank you all.

its dry again wonderfull.
going to do the d4 plug abs asr wiring and whatever else.
ordered a boost valve from fiat will be here tomorow hopefully that will fix the throtle problem.

hi, looks like you,ve been through the works with this one, im on my first jtd stilo and im experiencing a lack of power to (intermittently though) can you let me know if your new valve does the trick mate and i can try this myself. cheers

lol. it was my pals i got it cheep off him with a broken turbo sorted all that runs fine other than sticking for a while and slight lack of power on hills the boost valve controls the turbo actuator that intern controlls the turbo so i recon its the boost valve. got one from silverlink fiat will get it this week and let you know m8.
the whole car and repairs have only cost me about £600 so worth it in the end for a nice motor.on an o4 in mint condition.

finaly got my jtd back sticking revs.

hi all..
after a load of grief i have finally have my car back i snapped a plug and had to remove the head and have it skimmed and replaced the cam belt and tensioner while i was on got a good deal of a m8 who owns a garage..............

now .....then! i posted some time ago but cant find it
i got the car cheep jtd 1.9 04 stilo the turbo was shot...and it had a few electrical errors i got a turbo fitted it myself sorted the electrical errors. all working fine apart from when you start it up it doesn't mater if its hot or cold when standing you can rev it up no problem but when you drive it the revs stick when you go to change gear (actually if i dip the clutch and take my foot of the accelerator it revs up more it takes a good 30 40 seconds to drop to idle) once it has been driven this problem goes away if i keep it running it is fine but as soon as i need to restart it the problem is there again.this was before the plug incident. and is still here.

any ideas what could be causing this. i was going to take off the throttle body and give it a clean.

Re: finaly got my jtd back sticking revs.

How many hours have you been using it since it all came back repaired? I find Fiats tend to do that when the ECU volatile data has been erased with battery disconnected and it seems to keep the rpm up on gearchanges until it trims itself back down to the lowest it can do

Back