General 1.9 jtd air conditioning

Currently reading:
General 1.9 jtd air conditioning

ad777

Hi there, no a/ c in car. Got in touch with previous owner, who had regassed it, then changed the sensor. Is that about all there is to try and fix outwith it being a knackered compressor?! Any suggestions appreciated 😊

Hi there, no a/ c in car. Got in touch with previous owner, who had regassed it, then changed the sensor. Is that about all there is to try and fix outwith it being a knackered compressor?! Any suggestions appreciated 😊
Bump...no suggestions?

Bump...no suggestions?
Hi, a bit late in the day but I had a 1.9 JTD when the were under five years old, the air-con going off was a problem on mine, the first time it failed the condenser pipes had rubbed through were they go through a plastic bracket at the drivers side front.
This cured the first failure, can't remember what it was the second time but all the has had escaped. - remember leak tracing dye and sealer being added to the system.

Thanks for that. It hasn't been needed this year! But I will have a look next time I am under. Appreciated.

I have a Grande Punto 1.9 JTD, there is a clutch system on the AC pulley, if this has failed it will not engage once the button is pressed inside the car and just spin along with the other pulleys. Is it noisy when running?

Short if that a pressure leak as the previous comment mentioned. Usually checked by a professional mechanic but possibly if you have the tools and knowledge which I do not!

Ditto...a/c is a bit beyond me, with the time I have! I dare say if it ever gets warm again up here, I will suddenly be inspired to do something!

Check the pressure in the system. My (04 JTD) condenser sits in front of the radiator and has been shot to bits.

If there's no pressure the switch will light up when pressed but the pressure sensor won't activate the a/c, under any circumstances.

The pulley clutch on the a/c compressor *could* fail but compared to the condenser being penetrated, it's a much lower likelihood.

Ralf S.

Back