General 1.8 sevicing & timing belt cost.

Currently reading:
General 1.8 sevicing & timing belt cost.

re: 1.8 Cambelt Service Advice Required

i just phoned a dealer and got told that my stilo, 03 plate, 52k 1,2 isnt due a cambelt change until next year?

Is this the case?

Just looked up in the service book in the orange pack, (which ironically doesnt list the stilo), it contradicts itself, it says 6 years 72k, which is what the dealer says, but it also states every 5 years? Does this mean its not time yet? Im ina quandry still at the moment as I still havent found a car to buy yet that i like, so I might hold on to this for 12months until that Alpha Junior comes out

Pretty certain it's 5 years which means an 03 plate is due sometime THIS year.

Only £150 under FiatCare so I'd get it done before the price goes up.

52 plate 1.6,,38 k miles, so its due asap,,

got a quote from fiat on thurs.. 319 quid... seemed high...

locking kit and beltkit im looking for... diy job me thinks!!

umm, all stilo cambelts are £150, only the 2.4 is excluded for obvious reasons. and before fiatcare, i paid £250 for mine.

2.jpg

1.jpg

print it off and give it to your dealer who says otherwise. its all also stated ont the fiat uk website (y)

Hah, i was just quoted £268.54 + Vat, then i informed the nice lady on the phone what about "Fiat Care fixed price servicing" - oh in that case it
will be £150 :D

My normal Indy was going to charge me £131 so may aswell go to fiat, just feel annoyed as car has only done 19k now :(

Andy

Hah, i was just quoted £268.54 + Vat, then i informed the nice lady on the phone what about "Fiat Care fixed price servicing" - oh in that case it
will be £150 :D

My normal Indy was going to charge me £131 so may aswell go to fiat, just feel annoyed as car has only done 19k now :(

Andy

What was this quote for?

I'm still trying to get the best price so if this was for a the full (cambelt) service (without the cost of the cambelt part) is would owrk out cheaper than the dealers have quoted me (£650+)

Toejam

What was this quote for?

I'm still trying to get the best price so if this was for a the full (cambelt) service (without the cost of the cambelt part) is would owrk out cheaper than the dealers have quoted me (£650+)

Toejam

This was from the leaflet above, cambelt change on a 1.2 with 19,000 miles.

This is from Fiat (caladonia) in Warrington, which don't appear to be on the fiat site anymore :S

They still agreed to the Fiat Care price thou :D

Andy

This was from the leaflet above, cambelt change on a 1.2 with 19,000 miles.

This is from Fiat (caladonia) in Warrington, which don't appear to be on the fiat site anymore :S

They still agreed to the Fiat Care price thou :D

Andy

Any chance of confirming the contact details for them so that I can give them a try. I went online and found the following: 201 Winwick Road, Warrington, Cheshire, WA2 7PE. Tel 0845 4567906 but the number in not connecting.

Thanks

Teojam

Sure i "think" this was the number i used 01925 625920 I spoke
to Joanne in service - remember to mention "FIAT CARE" ;)

Andy

Glad I found this forum by searching Google.

I bought a 1.6 5 dr before christmas 02 with 48k, 4k on and I was wondering about the cam belt as it's not been running too great this week.

Just booked it into a local garage that does all the work on my cars, booked in for wednesday £196 + VAT.

Thanks

Just picked mine up, job all sorted for £150 inc VAT

Picked it up, my washer water was full, a washer jet had been unblocked,
my wheels are immaculate and shiney and my car was washed too.

Great service IMO

Andy

Just picked mine up, job all sorted for £150 inc VAT

Picked it up, my washer water was full, a washer jet had been unblocked,
my wheels are immaculate and shiney and my car was washed too.
Mine was much the same when I picked it up from Main dealers (y)

I think if choosing cam belt change under FiatCare then you also get the secret bonus car wash :D

Thanks for the Fiat care tip by the way. I booked mine in for its cam belt today, I spoke to two dealerships, 1 of which didnt have a clue what I was asking for, and the other understood as soon as he quoted me £292 for the fitting (y) Its going in on Monday next week :D

Mine is going in soon to a big ex-fleet service center where my dad bought his Passat.

For everything under the 72k service plus solving a few other niggles I have... £450

And I just bought a new headunit...

Cars eat your wallet!

On all modern Fiat dohc engines, the cambelt change interval is recently shortened to 3 years or about 40000mls, no matter what the books/leaflets coming with the car etc. say.
It used to be 6 years or 75000mls, but to many belts broke before that time.
(For the ohc engines, nothing has changed.)
Just contact your national importer, they will tell you so as well!!
There's a lot of misunderstanding about this issue, and some say it's way to early, but remember, a broken cambelt costs you a lot of money...!!!

hi guys,
anyone know of a good Fiat Care participating garage near Holyhead in Wales. I'm thinking of taking the ferry over to have my cambelt done as even with the cost of the ferry sailing i'm saving myself best part of 300 euro. Anyone know if its possible for me to do this?

Back