Technical 1.3 diesel pump rebuild service or exchange

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 diesel pump rebuild service or exchange

DaveMcT

Distinguished member
I need a rebuilt common rail injection pump service exchange or mine simply(?) rebuilt. Can anyone recommend a supplier?

thumb

I need a rebuilt common rail injection pump service exchange or mine simply(?) rebuilt. Can anyone recommend a supplier?

thumb
I think I used P F Jones for one a while ago. Car is still running fine, so quality is probably at least OK. Could be excellent, but I've only fitted one of theirs, so sample size too small.

Price was fairly good too.

Normally use them for towbars and always been good for those.

Diesel Bob at Longridge nr Preston did one of those for me,
2 day turn round and £200 not missed a beat in over 2 years.

I think I used P F Jones for one a while ago. Car is still running fine, so quality is probably at least OK. Could be excellent, but I've only fitted one of theirs, so sample size too small.

Price was fairly good too.

Normally use them for towbars and always been good for those.
PF Jones were my "go to". They cancelled the order because there's at least a 4 week delay probably longer. :-(

I've messaged @Pino

Last edited:
Well, I'm stunned. A pump just arrived by TNT that was ordered last Friday. But there's more...

Friday 21 April ordered a pump from PF Jones £120 - very reasonable. Shortly after they called me. They had an error and actually had no pumps in stock. The order was cancelled and refunded. Service exchange pumps would be at least 4 weeks away.

I checked eBay - the only pumps at reasonable costs were in Lithuania.

I called Diesel Bob - Up to £400 just to rebuild my pump. Sorry but WTF to that!. They clearly don't want the job as brand new are around £500.

I decided to buy a remanufactured pump from Nerings in Lithuania. Delivery was about 2 weeks no exchange necessary.

Then I noticed the tracking dates were all over the place. It was flagged as having been delivered in March. OMG this is not looking good. I sent them a polite email asking what had happened.

At 09:15 this morning (Monday 24 April) I had a knock on the door. It was a man from TNT with a box weighing 5kg from NERINGS. He has just delivered the pump I ordered on Friday from Nerings in Lithuania. I have no idea how that works but I am happy camper.
I have sent them a "thank you" email and given them a glowing review.

Last edited:
The old pump is on the bench. The "new" pump in on the engine. It's quite a faff as the vacuum pump blocks the mounting flange so also has to come off to make space. Battery box and ECU are back and it's all looking clean. The engine turned a few times and fired up. I need a coolant expansion tank so it's only been run for a minute.

Back