computer trouble!!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
computer trouble!!!!!!!!

also in your opinion which would you rather-

a computer with 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x256) Memory and a Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 521 with HT technology (2.80GHz, 800MHz fsb, 1MB cache)

or a computer with 1024MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x512) Memory and a Intel® Celeron® D Processor 336 (2.80GHz, 533fsb, 256k cache)

what would you rather?

and thanks alot everyone who has given me help, your great (y)

beau_4076 said:
also in your opinion which would you rather-

a computer with 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x256) Memory and a Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 521 with HT technology (2.80GHz, 800MHz fsb, 1MB cache)

or a computer with 1024MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x512) Memory and a Intel® Celeron® D Processor 336 (2.80GHz, 533fsb, 256k cache)

The first set of specs isn't good cos the processor can only run as fas as the ram so your 800MHz chip becomes 533 cos there is a bottle neck in the data paths.

Steer clear of the celery processors too.

Liam

i have ordered it now but unfortantly i had to get 512mb ram and as you call it 'celery' processor, my mum told me that 460 pounds is enough for my birthday :( oh well, still going to be better than my laptop, later on, il still be able to upgrade to 1gb ram cant i, so il do that when i find it slow lol, il find it super fast to start with.

beau_4076 said:
well i argued and in the end was also allowed a sound blaster sound card, so arguing does pay off :D and then bit more arguing and i got a dvd rw and a cd rom, (y) :slayer:

Show this to your kids when you have them and they shout "I want" and stamp their feet when you say no!!!

Beau, you don't do yourself any favours, do you.

You are just coming across as a spoilt little brat - no doubt this PC will get mistreated as well, alongside everything else you touch.

One day you will learn.....

£460 wow, I never got near that sometimes for my Xmas!

Crazy, I suggest you read up on maintenance before geting this one because you will end up with a non-bootable system before long.

Liam

Back