Oh no it's the computer numpty again

Currently reading:
Oh no it's the computer numpty again

It's terrible how accidents happen...you go to put a picture up on the wall for Mrs Beard and accidentally drop the hammer...directly onto the laptop :rolleyes:

The fact is was a chuffin' great sledge hammer is irrelevant :D

OK I have asked my granma and she has said....

When you say you delete them on the computer, can you talk me through the steps you take, what the icons etc in the program you are deleting them on the card say?

We can help you understand where your going wrong but need a bit more info to do it.
I can do a web session with you to show you where your going wrong and what to do if you'd like. (I do them daily for others as I'm a dreaded application engineer - thats slang for support guy lol).

OK I have asked my granma and she has said....

When you say you delete them on the computer, can you talk me through the steps you take, what the icons etc in the program you are deleting them on the card say?

We can help you understand where your going wrong but need a bit more info to do it.
I can do a web session with you to show you where your going wrong and what to do if you'd like. (I do them daily for others as I'm a dreaded application engineer - thats slang for support guy lol).
Ok, what I was doing is to............hang on, how old's your granny? Is she free, and if so, is she any good at digging up and then replacing patio flagstones after.....No, no, no. Mustn't think like that.

I simply right clicked on the individual image then left clicked on Delete. You think I've got problems on here, work want me to go on twitter :eek:

It's terrible how accidents happen...you go to put a picture up on the wall for Mrs Beard and accidentally drop the hammer...directly onto the laptop :rolleyes:

The fact is was a chuffin' great sledge hammer is irrelevant :D
Most of my best DIY is conducted with the aid of a sledgehammer. Especially the delicate stuff, like glazing.

I'm not sure if I'm on the same page as everybody else here.

I've loaded the images from the SD card onto the laptop. Then I've plugged in the external hard drive and transferred them over. So with them on the Western Digital thing I don't see why I need to keep them on the laptop, therefore, I disconnected the hard drive and deleted them from the laptop.

But, when I plugged the WD thing back in, the images I'd deleted from the laptop had gone from the WD thing as well. Seeing as they weren't connected at the time of deletion I don't understand how they can go from both devices.

I'm not actually interested in getting images back as apart from one or two, I've only deleted the pictures I didn't want, but it might be an idea to get rid of all the ones I've transferred.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm on the same page as everybody else here.

I've loaded the images from the SD card onto the laptop. Then I've plugged in the external hard drive and transferred them over. So with them on the Western Digital thing I don't see why I need to keep them on the laptop, therefore, I disconnected the hard drive and deleted them from the laptop.

But, when I plugged the WD thing back in, the images I'd deleted from the laptop had gone from the WD thing as well. Seeing as they weren't connected at the time of deletion I don't understand how they can go from both devices.

I'm not actually interested in getting images back as apart from one or two, I've only deleted the pictures I didn't want, but it might be an idea to get rid of all the ones I've transferred.

Beard, PM me you're phone number, and I'll help you out remotely Monday morning. (y)

Dom

Back