computer or bbc

Currently reading:
computer or bbc

How/is the PC linked to your Freeview tv/box ?

have you added anything recently to your PC which could be interfering with the digital signal, does the aerial wire run close to the PC, Monitor or printer. do you use those plug in ethernet adaptors that use the ring main to transmit network data etc

It does seem like a case of digital interference

none of the above apart from aerial socket is next to pc and wire from it runs under pc. ive moved wire out across the room furthest from pc as i can get it, cbbies stayed on when i put pc back on but that is all, no other bbc stations.

think im going to have to try a new cable and/or coax from aerial to wall socket

what colour is the Coax?

brown is the cheap crap which no shielding which is fine for analogue, you may need to invest in the more expensive but shielded black coax which is best for digital use

The colour of the cable doesn't certify how good it is.

If you have some interference issues you need some cable with decent screening. Something marked CU/CU (copper conductor, copper screen) CT100 with a foil screen should be sufficient for your use.

edit:

I thought this was a post on the BBC micro. :(

Just as a thought Dave, PC interferance still plays a part in this theory... are you located where you can pick up another transmitter?

For example, where i live, i use the Winterhill transmitter however, every now and then, particularly the afternoon/early evening, my panasonic freeview equipment says there are new channels available. if i rescan, what my equipment acutally picks up is a welsh transmitter, and the signal is very, very weak. (weak enough to never get a good S4C picture on analogue) So my equipment replaces all the channel frequencies with the welsh ones, which gives a poor picture/signal drop, especially when traffic goes past or i use the microwave. Then in the morning, i get no channels at all as the signal drops that little bit in the mornings for some reason.

So is your freeview equipment looking for the BBC multiplexes on the right transmitter at the right frequencies?

BBC channels are usually the easiest ones to get on freeview with poor signals

Back