Technical Ignition failure on multiple Cylinders

Currently reading:
Technical Ignition failure on multiple Cylinders

sajr

Hello all,
I've been getting "ignition failure on multiple cylinders" and have replaced the ignition coil, spark plugs and the leads but am still getting these errors. HAs anyone got any ideas before I drop it into a garage. I have a Fiat 500 by Diesel limited edition (this is not A diesel engine but a petrol engine with stylings by the clothes maker Diesel).
Thanks

Ideally, you should have checked for spark before getting those bits changed!
Next would be fuel delivery-either fuel pump or injector problems but because you are saying multiple cylinders(extrenely unlikey multiple injectors fail at same time) itcould be ecu control signal issue
Or at worst case, Head gasket failure between cylinders
Did the diagnosis say which cylinders specifically were misfiring? Eg 1 and 2?
Also could be a timing issue (belt or chain skipped a tooth)
Unlikey to be crank or cam sensor (these could cause misfires) as it would likely not start if these were knackered and would chuck their own fault

Last edited:
Hello all,
I've been getting "ignition failure on multiple cylinders" and have replaced the ignition coil, spark plugs and the leads but am still getting these errors. HAs anyone got any ideas before I drop it into a garage. I have a Fiat 500 by Diesel limited edition (this is not A diesel engine but a petrol engine with stylings by the clothes maker Diesel).
Thanks

Hi.
Ok. So you have seen an error message on the screen.

Next step get an ENGINE fault code.
The OBD PORT is near the drivers knee ;)

Get the CODE(s)

Look them up on the forum. Then reply to the most relevant post.

This is the most benifical. Cost effective method of gaining some idea what the engine ECU Is'SEEING' ;)

Charlie

On the 1.2 all four HT coils are fed by the same +12V supply, so a failure of all four would suggest a power supply type issue. F22 feeds the pack.
Alternatively it could be a ground connection CO40B in the diagram..

Attachments

• Fiat 1.2 coil pack.JPG
    Fiat 1.2 coil pack.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Fiat 1.2 coil pack earth.JPG
    Fiat 1.2 coil pack earth.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Thanks everyone. The errors is coming from a device called an Engie which is attached to the diagnostics port just to the right of the steering wheel and it talks to an app on my iPhone. The code thats show is P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected. The car starts okay and drives without issue. its a 1.2lt petrol engine. I changed the ignition coil first then plugs followed by leads. However am still getting the error.

Last edited:
Back