Technical Lowering my stilo

Currently reading:
Technical Lowering my stilo

but if i put the PROLINE on the origanal damper would i still be ok, even if strictly they are not for origanal dampers.....the reason for this is the website says they are ok to go on origanal and after market dampers...

so much mixed info, maybe i will make myself a new set of springs with the box of paperclips i have on my desk :D:D

Woo hoo ..I'm Baa~aack..:wave: another fun day in the making folks :devil:..what I am saying to you is I wouldn't fit either on a car without the shock update as well but if I reaaaaly had to and was pushed for cash then the sports line would be the only one I would go for..shame its 45mm drop though cos I feel it way to low for the car..other issues to consider when going to low are suspension geometary tracking issues and the fact that the drive shafts dont run straight and level and they can ware out quicker from doing so as well..modding cars ..fun isnt it..;)

Woo hoo ..I'm Baa~aack..:wave: another fun day in the making folks :devil:..what I am saying to you is I wouldn't fit either on a car without the shock update as well but if I reaaaaly had to and was pushed for cash then the sports line would be the only one I would go for..shame its 45mm drop though cos I feel it way to low for the car..other issues to consider when going to low are suspension geometary tracking issues and the fact that the drive shafts dont run straight and level and they can ware out quicker from doing so as well..modding cars ..fun isnt it..;)

fun, hahahhahah
i am starting to get nightmares :D:D

i will talk to the dealer and ask if he could get me a set of sportlines at 30mm, then that would be better i think (if there is such a thing as 30mm sportline?)

you just said 35mm were way too low, then the next line said low as possible....eeerrrmmmmmm is it just me or......lol..

tried to find his proline storyies but couldent, any links?
"lowest" in the sense of least drop.

30mm would be better than 35mm
20mm " " " " 30mm (in my view)

Since AFAIK Eibach don't offer a drop less than 30mm then that's why I said it's an easy choice from the start.

i bet you guys all hate me by now,

i will order them now, and have a chat with them aty the same time to try and get a 30mm drop rather than 45mm, i will let you guys know, i will also post up before and after pics of my .....experiment...

then when i blow a shock or 4 hahahahah i will call you all experts and say Why did i not listen to you all,

hahhahaha
i will let you know what i get :)

P>S> you FF peeps are all Stars....Crazy stars but Stars :):)

fun, hahahhahah
i am starting to get nightmares :D:D

i will talk to the dealer and ask if he could get me a set of sportlines at 30mm, then that would be better i think (if there is such a thing as 30mm sportline?)

Just to add my five penneth...the Eibach Prokit springs are biased towards road use, with a drop of 30mm and a ride which is firm but acceptable. The Sportline springs are biased towards track use with "race like handling", 45-50mm drop in ride height and a much harder ride.

Unless you intend to do regular track days, I would recommmend the Prokit springs. I think you will find the Sportline unacceptably firm for road use and a 50mm drop will put you at constant risk of bottoming on kerbs and speed humps.

If you want my recommendation for dampers, I would say go for KONI Sport adjustables, though Eibach's own will also be fine.

Hope that helps.

Just to add my five penneth...the Eibach Prokit springs are biased towards road use, with a drop of 30mm and a ride which is firm but acceptable. The Sportline springs are biased towards track use with "race like handling", 45-50mm drop in ride height and a much harder ride.

Unless you intend to do regular track days, I would recommmend the Prokit springs. I think you will find the Sportline unacceptably firm for road use and a 50mm drop will put you at constant risk of bottoming on kerbs and speed humps.

If you want my recommendation for dampers, I would say go for KONI Sport adjustables, though Eibach's own will also be fine.

Hope that helps.

OMG !!!!!

you say Pro are for road, and sportline for track....everybody else says the other way around........
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i think i need some pozac...i am shaking and lost...

Eibach Pro-Kit is for road use. 30 mm drop all around. This is either bought as a kit with 4 springs, or as a kit with 4 springs and matched dampers. It is then called an Eibach Pro-System, which I've got.

Beware, the OEM dampers feels like bicycle pumps compared to sport shocks. You will know when you remove them.

Morten.

i am just reading there website, and it states...

"
By radically lowering your car's centre of gravity, our Sportline springs dramatically reduce squat during
acceleration "

this made me laugh....lol......exactly how much squat under aclelaration do you think my 1.2 stilo will give with all 80hp, hahhahahahhahah

Right ho I will now take this one further.. there have been reports from forum members that because of the weight over the front beam and the rather light weight nature of the 1.2 engine lowering a 1.2 hasn't actually had the desired affect and the car hasn't dropped down to the lowered height stated by the manufacturers..stilo the best you might want to consider this fact as well before you proceed.and check it out..:chin:

Right ho I will now take this one further.. there have been reports from forum members that because of the weight over the front beam and the rather light weight nature of the 1.2 engine lowering a 1.2 hasn't actually had the desired affect and the car hasn't dropped down to the lowered height stated by the manufacturers..stilo the best you might want to consider this fact as well before you proceed.and check it out..:chin:

could you tell me where i could find this info....?

Please :)

I will do an argo here and say ..use the bloody search button..:p ;) I think it was chris clark that came on here with it I know he did report it on another forum..In a good mood today so here you go he used koni s it doesnt apply to you ..good reading tho..

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/71858-lowering-stilo-thread-choice.html

i have searched his threads, but no mention of a 1.2 on it.....bummer....
oooh you said on another forum....is it legal to look on another forum, tutt tutt, :D:D

koni, there the yellow ones aint they.....

i have searched his threads, but no mention of a 1.2 on it.....bummer....
oooh you said on another forum....is it legal to look on another forum, tutt tutt, :D:D

koni, there the yellow ones aint they.....

Koni shocks are yellow and I did tell him at the time on the other forum it might be a bad move getting them which proved to be correct in this case..:)
Colour does make a differance tho its quality that matters and they dont come any better than eibach..(y)

Koni shocks are yellow and I did tell him at the time on the other forum it might be a bad move getting them which proved to be correct in this case..:)
Colour does make a differance tho its quality that matters and they dont come any better than eibach..(y)

with a quote like that i would say you work for Eibach (or at least should do now :)

:D:D

Whether or not you are right about dampers not coming any better than Eibachs, I couldn't possibly comment. But I can tell you that they're not made by Eibach at all, but by Sachs. Eibach concentrate on what they do best (making springs) and KONI concentrate on what they do best (making dampers).

Back