Technical Lowering my stilo

Currently reading:
Technical Lowering my stilo

i am about to purchase a set of springs, but as i live in Norway the choice is limited....however i have found a good set....
but its 34mm at the front and 35mm at the rear...

i have never heard of droping lower on the front than the rear?
is this a normal thing?
has anyone tried on a stilo before?

any pictures of how this will look after?

i am running on 16,s if that helps with advice.

P.S. its good to be back on here, many months since i left a post :)

i made a mistake on the last message, its 45mm front and 30mm at back.

thanks for the link to the horror stories on the last message, but i would still like to know if putting lower on the front than back is normal?
and pictures of a lowered 3 door would be great, i can not seam to find any...

i am listerning to your good advice on NOT lowering, but i do all my miles on the motorway so the pothole problems should be ok ?

i made a mistake on the last message, its 45mm front and 30mm at back.

thanks for the link to the horror stories on the last message, but i would still like to know if putting lower on the front than back is normal?
and pictures of a lowered 3 door would be great, i can not seam to find any...

i am listerning to your good advice on NOT lowering, but i do all my miles on the motorway so the pothole problems should be ok ?

40mm lowered 3 door :D

koa1.jpg

40mm lowered 3 door :D

koa1.jpg

That looks STUNNING....
Can i have it...pleeeeeeeeease :devil:

have you ever heard of lowering 30mm back and 45mm front?
does this sound normall.
i have had 2 copmanies here in Norway recomend that i should do 45mm front and only 30mm back?

also the springs are WEITEC, are these good?

Have a word with Morty Mort..he lives in Norway and can sort you out with it if you are sure you want to do it.. go eibach its the best option for the car and my only performances spring recommendation..

It's ONE_OF_THESE not sure if there's anywhere in UK that stocks them - did a quick google search but didn't turn anything up.

http://www.fiat-sportiva.de/product_info.php/info/p573_Rear-aileron--Universal-.html

...there we go :)

Note about the suspension, the kit your describing sounds like the Eibach Sportline kit. It lowers the front by up to 50mm and the back by 30mm...depends on the weight of the engine how much the front will go down if I remember correctly. Site I linked to stock them as well as Eibach dampers to match...

http://www.fiat-sportiva.de/product_info.php/info/p794_Eibach-Sportline-45-30-mm-3----5-door.html (springs)

http://www.fiat-sportiva.de/product_info.php/info/p1831_Eibach-Pro-damper-kit.html (dampers)

Last edited:
Thanks Guys for all your help, i am seconds away from pressing the Purchase button on the website that selling the springs ....

but i have hit another dilema !!!!!

i have a choice of....

Eibach Pro kit

or

Eibach Sportline

or

NOVITEC Stilo springs

they are all about the same price and drop, but what one is better? what is the difference between sportline and pro kit, they are about the same price so i dont know ?

i will put up pictures of the before and after when they are in...

sorry for all your questions, but i dont know which choice to make ???

help......

Now here's the deal with eibach

PRO springs

Top performance handling
Progressive spring design
Excellent ride quality
PART..of the eibach pro system..;)

Sports line

All the above and you can use them without the eibach shocks which the pro system needs to get the full advantage of them..

Simple as bread and jam..

Sportline is lower at the front and will not match your OEM damper (propably too short piston).

Pro line =short damper..check ;) need pro line shocks to match the springs ..fit the oem springs and you get launched into space if they go..:eek:

so let me get this correct

i should buy the 30mm all round PRO SPRINGS as they rock....
BUT !!! i CANT put them on the origanal damper :(

so as i only want springs, i have to buy the sportsline springs as they will go on the origanal damper, but they will be too short?

my head hurts....

and the other make i quoted (the white springs in picture) are not worth even looking at?

helpppp

p.s. thank Marty for all your advice on the PM, it was great :)

Pro line =short damper..check ;) need pro line shocks to match the springs ..fit the oem springs and you get launched into space if they go..:eek:

Made a little mistype Phil, and you managed to quote me while I edited... :D But the original shock has a long piston, and the spring might not seat properly when "unloaded" at either a jump(!) or on axle stands etc.

Did you get my PM this morning stilo_the_best?

Morten.

so let me get this correct

i should buy the 30mm all round PRO SPRINGS as they rock....
BUT !!! i CANT put them on the origanal damper :(

so as i only want springs, i have to buy the sportsline springs as they will go on the origanal damper, but they will be too short?

my head hurts....

and the other make i quoted (the white springs in picture) are not worth even looking at?

helpppp

p.s. thank Marty for all your advice on the PM, it was great :)

Pro springs go on the OEM damper without major problems. Not optimal but OK.

Back