Technical Stilo clutch problem 1.8

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo clutch problem 1.8

Jompz

The clutch just pushes to the floor and not getting up. Happend while driving.

Did the main clutch cylinder or the slave cylinder inside the clutch housing break? I tried looking ut up in eLearn .

It has 16k km on the meter if that says something.

IMG_20240303_134056.jpg

Did the main clutch cylinder or the slave cylinder inside the clutch housing break? I tried looking ut up in eLearn .

How do i remove this from the clutch pedal?

When my 1.8 did that a very long time ago you could still drive it but had to flick the clutch pedal back up with your foot, in my case it was the concentric slave cylinder that went. To fix it the G/box has to come off and a whole new clutch was sensible to fit at that time. Obviously make sure that it's not a lack of fluid, and that the Master cyl is okay, and that nothing else is making it happen before going that far.

If you don't have a physical fluid leak in the clutch circuit then it's most likely to be the slave cylinder. They tend to last about 100,000 miles, or 160,000kms in my experience (JTD) so they pack up before the clutch plates are fully worn out.

Anyhow, you need a new slave, which sounds like a bell-housing/gearbox off job.. so fit a new clutch at the same time, unless your plates look brand new.

Ralf S.

Back