Technical Lowering my stilo

Currently reading:
Technical Lowering my stilo

so let me get this correct

i should buy the 30mm all round PRO SPRINGS as they rock....
BUT !!! i CANT put them on the origanal damper :(

so as i only want springs, i have to buy the sportsline springs as they will go on the origanal damper, but they will be too short?

my head hurts....

and the other make i quoted (the white springs in picture) are not worth even looking at?

helpppp

p.s. thank Marty for all your advice on the PM, it was great :)

Main problem with lowering any car and using the oem dampers is they have longer pistons in them ..so the damper doesn't use all its stroke efficiently.. you choice but I would go for the sports line..
Morty mort 10/10 nice guy..nicer wife :yum: and luverly kids..I got a photo..:D

Pro springs go on the OEM damper without major problems. Not optimal but OK.

but will they still drop 30mm or will they be to hard?

yes i got the pm today, i know undersatnd all the paperwork :) thanks, perfect.

and the reason for wanting the pro springs is that they are a 30mm drop and BLACK in colour, so maybe, just maybe i will not get them noticed in the eu.....and then play dumb :)

you say the pro springs are not optimal but in what way, will they bounce around a lot, what ones would you buy if replacing the dampers was not an option?

but will they still drop 30mm or will they be to hard?

yes i got the pm today, i know undersatnd all the paperwork :) thanks, perfect.

and the reason for wanting the pro springs is that they are a 30mm drop and BLACK in colour, so maybe, just maybe i will not get them noticed in the eu.....and then play dumb :)

you say the pro springs are not optimal but in what way, will they bounce around a lot, what ones would you buy if replacing the dampers was not an option?

I've got these springs, and I can assure you - they are red as the devils breath. :devil: But I'ev got the matching shocks. :worship:

Then you must change your shocks or your OEM front shocks will ****ed up beyound any repair possible at all within easter.

M.

then i will click purchase on the PRO kit, only 30mm, and it seams red, but from your words they are the best option and will not eat my dampers as choccy easter eggs...

then from your wise words i will buy the proline set at 30mm drop,
they work out about 1950 nok including delivery, so that sounds good to me also :)

then i will click purchase on the PRO kit, only 30mm, and it seams red, but from your words they are the best option and will not eat my dampers as choccy easter eggs...

they work out about 1950 nok including delivery, so that sounds good to me also :)

Did you use Kollevold Rally Import?

Are you doing the fitting youself?

He got it back to front again..:p

Pro line need eibach shocks..sports line can use oem shocks..:D post number 20..

Last edited:
Did you use Kollevold Rally Import?

Are you doing the fitting youself?

i have had no answer from Kollevold rally, no answer on the phone, and no answer via e/mail, i cant find the list with the stilo on there web page either? and i think they will be around 3000 nok a set there? mayybe you can correct me?

yes i will fit myself using your guide....looks like you are turning into a hero for me :) :D

it says pro go on standard shock, but not ideal....
and sportline (the lower ones will eat my dampers)

am i being dumb....
stop laughing :D:D
..:ROFLMAO: sorry cant help it ..blame it on morty :p :worship:..must get to norway soon..:devil:

Proline meant for proline shocks..shuwee stilo uses simular..bilstine shocks[eibach in disguise] and proline shocks..;) more suitable for track work than road work..sports line compromise for both road and track..

..:ROFLMAO: sorry cant help it ..blame it on morty :p :worship:..must get to norway soon..:devil:

Proline meant for proline shocks..shuwee stilo uses simular..bilstine shocks[eibach in disguise] and proline shocks..;) more suitable for track work than road work..sports line compromise for both road and track..

so then i should go with the lower sportline shocks, and blow a damper or 2 within a few months, aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh
the sportline only come in 45mm drop at front and 30mm back, !!!!

so how do people change springs without changing shock...

i feel like crying, i want springs, but i dont want to go the wrong way or pop a shock........tears are now rolling down my face...:cry:

so then i should go with the lower sportline shocks, and blow a damper or 2 within a few months, aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh
the sportline only come in 45mm drop at front and 30mm back, !!!!

so how do people change springs without changing shock...

i feel like crying, i want springs, but i dont want to go the wrong way or pop a shock........tears are now rolling down my face...:cry:

Always a possibility you could blow the shocks with both and WHY I always say "If you changing the springs to sports springs " then change the bloody shocks..:bang: like morty did ;) peaches and cream bacon and eggs they all go together not like custard and chips..:yuck: cryptic clue free of charge..:D baring tears good for the soul..I'll join in to..:cry:

Always a possibility you could blow the shocks with both and WHY I always say "If you changing the springs to sports springs " then change the bloody shocks..:bang: like morty did ;) peaches and cream bacon and eggs they all go together not like custard and chips..:yuck: cryptic clue free of charge..:D baring tears good for the soul..I'll join in to..:cry:

but if i put the PROLINE on the origanal damper would i still be ok, even if strictly they are not for origanal dampers.....the reason for this is the website says they are ok to go on origanal and after market dampers...

so much mixed info, maybe i will make myself a new set of springs with the box of paperclips i have on my desk :D:D

Bozzy fitted a set of Proline (-30mm) on his 3 door and always raved about how good they were. To be fair, he did say in retrospect that he wished he'd also changed the dampers.

Have a read of some of his posts if you need convincing.

I fitted some -35mm Pi springs on my 5 door and they were crap both in terms of ride height (way too low (n)) and crap handling. The poor handling was definitely due to not changing the dampers which is why you should ALWAYS go for the lowest drop posible as this makes best (but not optimal) use of existing oem dampers

Bozzy fitted a set of Proline (-30mm) on his 3 door and always raved about how good they were. To be fair, he did say in retrospect that he wished he'd also changed the dampers.

Have a read of some of his posts if you need convincing.

I fitted some -35mm Pi springs on my 5 door and they were crap both in terms of ride height (way too low (n)) and crap handling. The poor handling was definitely due to not changing the dampers which is why you should ALWAYS go for the lowest drop posible as this makes best (but not optimal) use of existing oem dampers

you just said 35mm were way too low, then the next line said low as possible....eeerrrmmmmmm is it just me or......lol..

tried to find his proline storyies but couldent, any links?

Back