General Your thought/opinions on Connect Nav+

Currently reading:
General Your thought/opinions on Connect Nav+

Hi,

I'm looking getting a Stilo and a small percentge of the models I want in my price range have Connect Nav+ installed.
The thing is that the ones that do tend to be slighly higher milage or furtuer away and harder to get to.

Basically in its simplest form my question would be, it is worth the extra effort to get on with CN+??

I've been searching around for some info on functions and features but not having much luck.

Some of the things that I would like to know are...
1) Are all CN+ capable of playing mp3's from a CD?
2) Do they come standard with CD multi changer or was that an extra?
3) Are they Bluetooth equiped?

Thanks guys (y)
If it helps or has any significance at all one of the cars I'm looking at fitted with CN+ is a '02 1.9 Dynamic :)

hi yes there capable of playing MP3 just found out today in mines :D
they come with cd changer standard
makesure the map cd is in the system
i hate my cn+ everytime i pause the song and play again it goes back to the begining not sure if all of them are the same

I bought a connect nav+ and fitted it myself. The navigation part is ok it does the job I havent had the pleasure of playing a CD while using the sat nav( listen to radio all the time ) so I cant comment on that but the phone is champion. All in all Im pleased I fitted it. It looks good aswell.

I have a CN+ but never use it except for radio. A tomtom is far superior and easier to use. Some of the routing the CN+ gives is terible, also no postcode search, no speedcameras or POI. Very very slow destination entry and route calculation.
A bluetooth handsfree is also infinatly better than the CN+ car phone thing that has to have its own sim card.

Dont turn a car down because it doesnt have a CN+. They are quite old technology now.

They look cool and are good to have, but wouldnt go out of my way to get a car with one in. Agree with john55, they are old technology now, sat nav has progessed a hell of a lot since 2001.

Its useful to have looking for shortcuts with the moving map etc.. but thats it. Its a shame TMC doesnt work in this country..

I would take the better car over having a CN+ fitted for sure.

Is that just a limitation of the CN+? TMC works with tomtom.

CN+ does however take time of day and traffic congestion into consideration - it will plot different routes in an attempt to speed up your travel time, if you've selected "Fastest Route" and not "Shortest Distance" (or whatever they are called ;))

If you think that this technology came out in 2002, and it has lane guidance and rerouting according to times, you'll see it's pretty decent!!

My CN+ got me all the way to the Hungary/Romania border and back last month without any problems. I also went across Romania to Constanta on the Black Sea but theres no map disc for Romania.

Previous month it got me to Greece without problem but on the way back took me on a long detour over the Dolomite mountains.

Dave.

My CN+ got me all the way to the Hungary/Romania border and back last month without any problems. I also went across Romania to Constanta on the Black Sea but theres no map disc for Romania.
Dave.

I just did exactly the same trip (not in the Stilo though) Mio navigator was excellent right through Romania.

How's your suspension after all the pot-holes in roads in Romania?

I went down a big one in Brasov. I got clonking from the front suspension which has mysteriously stopped, engine wouldn't rev. above 1500 rpm for about 2 miles and a "Stop Engine - Airbag Failure" warning message.

Bloody dangerous driving in Romania, when you're not trying to avoid the pot-holes, you're trying to avoid all the other cars swerving that are avoiding them.

I read somewhere that if you haven't had or almost had a head-on collision, you haven't driven in Romania.

Diesel at 74p a litre was OK though.

Dave.

I go to Romania quite often as my wife is Romanian. Their roads are far better than they were 10 years ago. I drove Bucharest - Constanta several times before the motorway was built. Hundreds of small villages and gipsy carts to negotiate as well as the potholes all the way. It is so easy and quick now.
Driving is definately a unique experience there. Israel is the only other place that comes close in terms of driving style, but they do have better roads.
I had a good car for the trip to Romania, an old Passat with dents/ scrapes down both side. The dents ensure I get right of way over the many BMW/ Audi driving lunatics and it was a solid car with soft suspension which was ideal for the potholes.

It is a long long way from the UK though, but an interesting trip none the less.

Last edited:
Same here, gf is Romanian from Constanta. Been with her 3 years but this was my first trip there "to meet the family". Felt a bit like an exibit being dragged around all the relations and every long lost school friend. :eek:

Just missed the power boat GP in Mamaia, we had to start heading back the day it started. It looks a completely different world there compared to the rest of Romania.

Dave.

Back