you know when something just doesn't look right...

Currently reading:
you know when something just doesn't look right...

On my way home from work tonight I saw a white IVECO hightop van with blue strobe lights behind me, as he got closer i heard the sirens. The weird thing is, it just didn't look right.

The front strobes were on the quarters of the van above the driver and passenger doors. They were quite difficult to see. There were no markings on it for Police or Ambulance, just some hazard warning chevrons on the side and back. The strobes on the back were on a bar and had been bolted above the rear doors.

I pulled over and let it pass, but you know when you see something and think 'that just doesn't look right'? The driving didn't look very professional either... very strange.

Wish i'd taken the registration and checked it out.

it is strange that then again cant say im surprised you can get all that kit mail order off the net..

http://www.emergencyequipmentshop.co.uk/

I think it was Charlotte who had a run in with a Fake police car not too many months ago...

Then again it could have been a HMRC vehicle, RLC Bomb disposal or a Blood Transfusion service vehicle

To add to Andys list:
Blood and organ carrying vehicles
Customs and revenue vehicles.
Mountain rescue vehicles
Mines rescue vehicles
Nuclear incident vehicles
RNLI vehicles
Military police
...............and probably several others

Last edited:
If i remember correctly you can legally have your car classed as an ambulance if you carry compressed gas and a certain list of medical supplies, You dont even have to me a medic. You can then add livery and a light bar and siren! and you can also be exempt from the congestion charge too.

Simillar to those deccommisioned fire engines that are bought and used as expensive chav taxi's.

Bloody dangerous though, and continues to make me think that the legal system needs a total overhaul.

Back