General Yet another few problems with Sei sporting

Currently reading:
General Yet another few problems with Sei sporting

Hi, as the title states... a few more problems!:bang:

Firstly the car hardly slips into third... only once in a while. Iv tried clutch adjusment..

Secondly when iv slowed down and reverse parking or slowed down and doing a three point turn a fluid drops out ( only a small amount) however it doesnt do this when iv just started the engine and turn.

The car has a small oil leak but it doesnt really affect the car so im just topping up every few weeks...

Fuel consumption is ( i think) quite high... For 10 liters i get about 60 miles
so i think that works out at 27 to the gallon. is this usual

I think thats the lot...

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
check gearbox oil re. struggling for third

For everything else it sounds like its a bit tired give it a good service

Service has been recently done. As well as HG change, Radiator, cam belt, fuel tank what more can i do! lol

I thought 27 is bad... what should i be expecting and how can i improve it?
Would the fact that iv got a sub and amp make a difference or is that entirely to do with the battery?
thanks

As above, but 27mpg is very bad, assuming this is an 1108 and not a turbo. I suspect that you're loosing gearbox oil: try smelling it, it has a very distinct smell, quite different from engine oil.

Its a sporting SPI 1.1 thats the border of my knowledge :D

will have a sniff next time it happens...

i was getting 25 from my cinq a while back.... i don't quite know what happened to improve it, but i was driving past an old block of flats due for demolition when they blew up, gas explosion or something, blew my cinq across the road, blew the passenger side windows out, got a dent in the roof from a bit wood flying off the building, stone chips, the lot, but after all that fuel consumption shot up to 40ish as an average...... very strange!:eek:

but after all that fuel consumption shot up to 40ish as an average...... very strange!:eek:

Whereis this place? i want to have that done to my car!

But the fuel guage is pretty innacurate: you can really only tell with a fill to fill.

I tend to put in £20 all the time so about 18 liters... and get about 115- 120 out of it. so about 27-29.

Does redex and that kinda thing work?

Fill the tank to the brim. Then have a look underneath the middle of the car and make sure its staying in the tank. Then, make a note of the mileage and drive about for a 100 miles or so and refill to the brim.

That is the only way you will get an accurate consumption figure.

Report back

Cheers

D

Firstly the car hardly slips into third... only once in a while. Iv tried clutch adjusment..

Secondly when iv slowed down and reverse parking or slowed down and doing a three point turn a fluid drops out ( only a small amount) however it doesnt do this when iv just started the engine and turn.

These may be related, is the fluid coming from near the gearbox or differetial at all?

These may be related, is the fluid coming from near the gearbox or differetial at all?

Being a bit of a virgin at car mechanics i couldnt tell you the difference!
How do i check the gear oil?

Or come down and have a look im about 3 mins from your work place ;):p

i was getting 25 from my cinq a while back.... i don't quite know what happened to improve it, but i was driving past an old block of flats due for demolition when they blew up, gas explosion or something, blew my cinq across the road, blew the passenger side windows out, got a dent in the roof from a bit wood flying off the building, stone chips, the lot, but after all that fuel consumption shot up to 40ish as an average...... very strange!:eek:

This is one of the weirdest cinq stories so far

Being a bit of a virgin at car mechanics i couldnt tell you the difference!
How do i check the gear oil?

Or come down and have a look im about 3 mins from your work place ;):p

Only way to check gearbox oil is to take the filler plug out (hex key bolt) and try fill it up a little more. when it starts dribbling out the filler hole, its full.

Next time your at my work, ill have a quick look for the leak if were not too busy (y)

Oh yet another problem!:bang:

After putting on the seicento abarth(y) wheels, when i steer right there is a knocking noise from the drivers side, even if a little right or a full lock right, i took it the the place that fit them on for me and they cant see anything obvious...
any ideas:confused:

The olds ones were perfect... i only put these on yesterday and as soon as they were fitted i heard this knocking sound,
these are defo the front wants because of kerbing.
cheers

Back