General Yellow Exclamation Warning Triangle

Currently reading:
General Yellow Exclamation Warning Triangle

There are other options such as the clutch switch

Which is why reading the codes is always a good start

As expected, but at least we have ruled out the battery

40 miles each way once a week is enough to keep it charged up

20 miles daily should be fine without start stop. Not to sure how much you can push start stop in winter as my car does not have it.

I would connect a scanner to the. Body computer

You would need multiECUscan full
Plus USB elm
Plus adapter cable

Or WoW, Delphi and multiplexer or similar

And read the code

Maybe someone nearby could help

If I was to guess it would be something around the rear brake light housing/bulb as a fault here will both affect the start stop and yellow triangle. But it would be much easier to just read the code and take the guess out of it

Just measure the battery voltage after it’s been off for several hours.

If the resting voltage is within spec you already know there’s no drain and it’s charging properly
I have MultiECU scan plus cables etc. will check for codes again. Will check the bulbs again! [When i have time going to map the terminal volts against BCU monitor volts also. I have the old battery on a solid state charger so may swap back when I have run some desulfating cycles also and map that also.]

I have MultiECU scan plus cables etc. will check for codes again. Will check the bulbs again! [When i have time going to map the terminal volts against BCU monitor volts also. I have the old battery on a solid state charger so may swap back when I have run some desulfating cycles also and map that also.]
You will have to manually connect to the body computer to see the codes

The yellow triangle will not be stored on the normal default engine control unit

I can confirm that the Mrs is worthy of blame here as the operator of the vehicle.

When you switched everything off - the Triangle didn't appear? Did it reappear when you switched stuff back on?

I'm wondering if there's an alternator issue here, although, seems as though the battery has accepted charge...

But, I wouldn't discount the Mrs being the issue. To be on the safe side, consider partial replacement.
Is that a partial replacement of the Mrs? Or the battery? 😅

Back