Technical Y reg Punto JTD randomly cuts out

Currently reading:
Technical Y reg Punto JTD randomly cuts out

Neha

Hi
wonder if anyone has had a similar problem to mine.Punto Y reg JTD with no previous trouble in the 2 and a half years I have had it.

Few days ago, drove along about 25 miles and suddenly the power completely went.Pulled over and wouldnt restart, tried again 10 mins later no problems starting.Went to see the film, on way back car does same thing approx 5 miles into journey.I got no judder no indication it was going to happen just total loss of power.Called RAC who said 1 and a half hours.15 mins later starts again and we get home.Over next few days make a few journeys one of 12 miles, and a coule of 3 mile journeys, no problems.
Today set out for a day out, gets about 8 miles, car cuts out again.No judder no anything just a total loss of power.Wait 5 mins, starts again, go 3 miles, cuts out, wait 5 mins goes 0.3 miles cuts out.
I add at this point when it cuts out the engine light comes on but when you turn the engine off and restart 5 mins later its no longer lit.RAC did a computer check on it and it showed no faults.Also checked for vaccuum in Fuel cap area.That was as it should be.Low pressure pump seems fine and fule pipe, fuel is coming through.RAC guy phones tech manager to see if any similar probs had.No one has had any similar probs.RAC follows me home.I go 3.7_. cut out then 4.8 --> cut out.Then appears like fuel pump is gone altogether as car wont start for 10 mins.Tows me to garage.....10 min journey.On arrival car starts fine again.

Everyone is totally at a loss as to what it is.

Has anyone had a similar problem who may be able to shed some light on what it is :(:bang:

Thank you, gonna investigate and tell garage so they can test that :)

ahhhh cool have looked at that link and certainly seems to be doing what it says on there, getting to a certain temp and then cutting out.Gonna investigate prices and have a go,Cheers ^^

OK looking for any online stores, anyone got any links, tried carparts but they dont list any.Any links gratefully recieved

OK looking for any online stores, anyone got any links, tried carparts but they dont list any.Any links gratefully recieved

Shop4Parts stock them. This is the part you need for your car:

S4P2837.jpg

Crankshaft Sensor (CKP/RPM)
1.9 JTD

Part Number: S4P2837
Manufacturer: Facet

Listed Price: £21.52
Our Price: £18.29
You Save: £3.23 (15%)
Please note that All Prices Exclude VAT.

It's on the 2nd page of parts when you select Fiat -> Punto Mk2 (99>03) -> Fuel & Eng. Management -> Sensors (various). :)

Back