Styling Xenon HID Lights

Currently reading:
Styling Xenon HID Lights

Its not just people on the opposite side of the road blinding me its mercs and beemers (no pun there!) driving up behind dazzling me in my rear view and side mirrors i hate these lights, its like people are driving with full beams all the time

:yeahthat:
I do 20k+ miles a year alot at night and the stilo lights are more than sufficent

I ordered sidelight bulbs and uprated main beam bulbs for mine, as the main beam is yellowing and weak next to the HID dipped beam. Handbook, Halfords and Autobulbs Direct all reckon main beam buld on HID equipped Stilo should be a H1... got round to doing mine last night to find H7's fitted to the mains :bang: Sent the H1 Vision +50's back to Autobulbs Direct and gone for the new H7 Phillips +80%'s (y) (disappointed at first as I fancied them but only available in H4 & H7... not H1)

That's a bit weird isn't, since when has an H7 bulb been used for main beam :confused:

It has a cover to protect oncoming drivers from observing a singular point source.

That's a bit weird isn't, since when has an H7 bulb been used for main beam :confused:

It has a cover to protect oncoming drivers from observing a singular point source.

Come to think about it your right... the H7's were in the dipped beam and had a covers on the 1.6... no covers on them on my HID JTD though! Folks coming the other way are gonna love me when I forget to dip with +80's in :eek:

You don't really need xenons in a car which has a modern headlight design (round reflector with lots of shiney curvey extra bits). If you're driving round in an old thing such as a Mk1 Punto, the light produced on the road is shocking dude to crappy "early 90's" square shaped design.

Just noticed this post... and would comment that HID's noticeably better/clearer on my JTD than Halogen bulbs that came as standard on my 1.6 and the Brilliance +50's that I replaced the dipped beam with. You would have to experience it to believe it. Like you, I would have been sceptical before, espeacially at the money Fiat wanted for them as an option on your new Stilo, but now having a secondhand Stilo with them fitted I can appreciate the differnce/benefit! Dunno if its worth the extra £500 over £50 that it would cost to upgarde the bulbs, especially now that we are onto +80% ters. Comparing +80% bulbs fitted to the dipped beam on a standard Stilo v's HID would be an interesting exercise, think it may be a very close run thing now :)

Its not just people on the opposite side of the road blinding me its mercs and beemers (no pun there!) driving up behind dazzling me in my rear view and side mirrors i hate these lights, its like people are driving with full beams all the time

Personally, i like xenons as far as i can remember i have never been dazzled by oncoming cars fitted with xenons so no problems there. I love xenons on police cars especially as GMP mainly use 3.2 vectras most of which are fitted with xenons and they have saved my skin quite a few times! Thanks GMP!

The reason they pulled you was that after market retrofit HIDs are illegal. It has nothing to do with the way the beam is set but having a incorrect beam is illegal too. Take a look at this link for more information www.hid.moonfruit.com

Back