Technical Dashboard Lights Flickering

Currently reading:
Technical Dashboard Lights Flickering

fiatstilo323

Hello,

I have an old Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD 2002, although it is getting old, I am still satisfied with it and it is absolutely enough for my use, but I have a problem that is going on for quite some time. The dashboard lights are flickering like on the video below. Have any of you had the same problem? What could be the root cause of it? I have a new car battery fwiw. This issue occurs for the second fall/winter in a row, I didn't have this problem in the summer, not even once, so it might have something to do with cold and humid weather. I really don't know.

For every opinion I will be very grateful guys, thank you in advance!

Video here

Hello,

I have an old Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD 2002, although it is getting old, I am still satisfied with it and it is absolutely enough for my use, but I have a problem that is going on for quite some time. The dashboard lights are flickering like on the video below. Have any of you had the same problem? What could be the root cause of it? I have a new car battery fwiw. This issue occurs for the second fall/winter in a row, I didn't have this problem in the summer, not even once, so it might have something to do with cold and humid weather. I really don't know.

For every opinion I will be very grateful guys, thank you in advance!

Video here
Hi ,

The problem is on the intrument cluster itself.
You need to clean the print circuit board with a foam cleaner. It is residue flux from the factory that causes a symptom that is known as "black via's"
A via is a connection between print circuit layers. ( This print has multiple layers ). It happens alot of the instrument cluster with black dials.

And i know this because i repair the prints for a living.

Back