Technical X290 throttle pedal wiring

Currently reading:
Technical X290 throttle pedal wiring

cmac

I have a 2021 Ducato X290. It has an intermittent problem where the van reports a 2135 error, "Throttle position (TP) or Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch A/B - voltage correlation". The pedal has been replaced twice, and this has made no difference.

There a strong correlation between the problem happening and water ingress in the engine bay. I taped up the 'join' between the windscreen and the scuttle and the problem never happened until recently when there was a sudden torrential downpour.

So here's my question: on the wiring between the connector on the throttle pedal and the ECU, are there any additional connector blocks on the X290? I'm looking for anything that I can seal up to protect it from water ingress so that this problem can finally be sorted.

Failing that, are there any components or connectors that are particularly susceptible to problems due to water in the engine bay?

I have a 2021 Ducato X290. It has an intermittent problem where the van reports a 2135 error, "Throttle position (TP) or Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch A/B - voltage correlation". The pedal has been replaced twice, and this has made no difference.

There a strong correlation between the problem happening and water ingress in the engine bay. I taped up the 'join' between the windscreen and the scuttle and the problem never happened until recently when there was a sudden torrential downpour.

So here's my question: on the wiring between the connector on the throttle pedal and the ECU, are there any additional connector blocks on the X290? I'm looking for anything that I can seal up to protect it from water ingress so that this problem can finally be sorted.

Failing that, are there any components or connectors that are particularly susceptible to problems due to water in the engine bay?
I have taped the joint between the windscreen and trim just to make sure water couldn't seep past. There are still gaps either side between the trim and A pillar though.

I did notice after this that water still travel down the windscreen wiper spindles. I've 3D printed horseshoe shaped parts which stick to the trim piece in an effort to divert water away from the spindles holes. I don't know if it helps.

I have debated with myself as to whether what follows is appropriate to the current problem. However perhaps it is worth asking whether the "rusty junction" problem has been considered, @Reg 65 recently posted some excellent photos of this problem.

Back