Technical X250 Fuel gauge problem

Currently reading:
Technical X250 Fuel gauge problem

Berniej

The needle on my fuel gauge has recently stopped working. However, the 'miles remaining' figure still works, resetting when I fill up.
This suggests that the sender is working OK (unless there are 2?)

A generic fault code reader doesn't find any issues.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this please?

Thanks,
Bernie

You have not given any history for your problem. Was it first noticed after the vehicle had been laid up for a while? If so, the the problem could be due to a sticking stepper motor. This has been previously reported in relation tho the earlier x244 model. The cure was to remove the instrument cluster, and gain access to the pointer. Give the pointer a gentle nudge.

You have not given any history for your problem. Was it first noticed after the vehicle had been laid up for a while? If so, the the problem could be due to a sticking stepper motor. This has been previously reported in relation tho the earlier x244 model. The cure was to remove the instrument cluster, and gain access to the pointer. Give the pointer a gentle nudge.
It hadn't been laid up at all. The only possibility I can think of is that I was struggling to get up an incline with wheels spinning and throwing up gravel just before I noticed it. Wondered if a cable or connection had been damaged but can't see anything when I look underneath.

Back