Technical Ducato multijet fuel problems.

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato multijet fuel problems.

Hi,
I have Fiat ducato multijet 120. I had engine check light come on and van stopped. Managed to get it home and have spent weeks trying to sort it out. I have p0091 and p0094. Did leak off test and no 2 injector was bad. Purchased a service exchange one and and thought that would be that, how wrong I was. Checked leak off again and now no 3 leaking. Now have 4 new injectors, started van up and no check light, let it sit for 20 mins and still no light. Got some confidence and started up the road and 500 yards van stopped and wouldn’t start. Luckily had scanner on seat, cleared the 91 and 94 codes that have now re appeared and van started. Checked leak off on new injectors and they are all perfect. Changed sensor on the end of the rail and no difference. So is new pressure regulator or new pump ? Also changed fuel filter with no difference.
if anybody can point me in right direction I would be most grateful
Thanks
Russ

As you know the error codes are low pressure related , what is your fuel supply like , when you changed the fuel filter is it one where you can see if any deposits in it.
I have a 2010 Scudo 120Hp with the Peugeot engine RHK and had metal deposits in the base of filter, I fitted a S/H high pressure pump which in my case cured a misfire.
Mine was a Siemens pump which doesn't use an electric low pressure pump to supply the High pressure pump and I had found by squeezing the primer when engine misfiring it affected the misfire.
On older Doblo diesel fitted with a Lucas Epic pump that several people had failed to fix, I first got it running with a "jury rigged" fuel supply on the bonnet/wing which then helped me to trace an air leak at a plastic fuel line fitting by the fuel tank.
If your diagnostic tool can read fuel rail pressure whilst running maybe you could see if a clean temporary supply direct to the pump can affect fuel pressure, it won't last long as fuel return to the tank will quickly drain even a 10 litre can.:(

As you know the error codes are low pressure related , what is your fuel supply like , when you changed the fuel filter is it one where you can see if any deposits in it.
I have a 2010 Scudo 120Hp with the Peugeot engine RHK and had metal deposits in the base of filter, I fitted a S/H high pressure pump which in my case cured a misfire.
Mine was a Siemens pump which doesn't use an electric low pressure pump to supply the High pressure pump and I had found by squeezing the primer when engine misfiring it affected the misfire.
On older Doblo diesel fitted with a Lucas Epic pump that several people had failed to fix, I first got it running with a "jury rigged" fuel supply on the bonnet/wing which then helped me to trace an air leak at a plastic fuel line fitting by the fuel tank.
If your diagnostic tool can read fuel rail pressure whilst running maybe you could see if a clean temporary supply direct to the pump can affect fuel pressure, it won't last long as fuel return to the tank will quickly drain even a 10 litre can.:(
Thanks for the info. Definitely worth a try as I don’t fancy spending £600ish for a new high pressure pump to find I still have the same problem. My diagnostic tool is only a basic tool that just reads codes. I have to say I have noticed the low pressure fuel pump working where I didn’t before, but I’ve just put that down to me disturbing the fuel system. I have no leaks under the van as it’s sat on clean concrete.

Back