Technical Fiat ducato 2.3 Multijet

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat ducato 2.3 Multijet

MariusCioro

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Ducato ( check engine lights on and limited , prob in limp mode), I’ve been trying with mechanic and unfortunately they can not say what’s the problem is .
I attached photo with the most recent error codes which came on .
They run tests and injectors running normally, nox sensor working .
They mention that the problem can be with wiring .
My question it is , does anyone meet those errors before and know what’s the problem is ?

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Ducato ( check engine lights on and limited , prob in limp mode), I’ve been trying with mechanic and unfortunately they can not say what’s the problem is .
I attached photo with the most recent error codes which came on .
My question it is , does anyone meet those errors before and know what’s the problem is ?
It is a fiat Ducati 2.3 Multijet 130 from 2017

Well at least its not the standard errors that twin egrs come up with. (can be expensive).
the errors do seem to be unrelated so intermitant wiring issues could be the cause

P2299​
accelerator pedal / brake,​

is error thrown when you press brake and throttle together (not permitted nowadays)?
so get that one removed and ask for live data for the other issues, intermitant shorts will become apparent

Well at least its not the standard errors that twin egrs come up with. (can be expensive).
the errors do seem to be unrelated so intermitant wiring issues could be the cause

P2299​
accelerator pedal / brake,​

is error thrown when you press brake and throttle together (not permitted nowadays)?
so get that one removed and ask for live data for the other issues, intermitant shorts will become apparent
That’s the error which came up . After resetting , Only 1st keep came on and cut the power . I was testing with changing gears at low or high rpm , does not came on at any specific , sometimes it is happen suddenly .

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
iF USING Multiecuscan you can record live data from Gas pedal position % and signal track 1 and 2 for the pedal potentiometers.
The ecu compares the 2 signals and chooses the intended position. There could be 1 pot down giving rise to your error. possibly time for a new pedal or pot. Try live data and saving to a file these pids.
1707520660510.png

Check the brake pedal switch . the p2299 code is showing the brake pedal as pressed at same time as accelerator

After resetting and live data check , it keep appearing those 2 . On live data everything it is working at normal parameters. Been at fiat and they said that one wire it might be the problem. They can not saying which one as the fault it is intermittent and can not identify which one .

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
The option now is to try and trace a dodgy connector or cable. remove all relevant connectors squirt with electrical cleaner. Try to find short or open with a tone tester. Alt remove cable from sensor and use a multimeter and wiggle cable when testing for continutity 12v to signal wire. wiggle along its length.

The option now is to try and trace a dodgy connector or cable. remove all relevant connectors squirt with electrical cleaner. Try to find short or open with a tone tester. Alt remove cable from sensor and use a multimeter and wiggle cable when testing for continutity 12v to signal wire. wiggle along its length.
Thank you for replay . I will try with connectors . Also , today came a new one , but I think this one is because of that thing with injectors . I will try to find one electrician near me and see if it can be sorted .

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
Back